• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

eddylives

ATV Insurance

eddylives

Well I found my mini baja....thanks kijiji.

Now it seems no one will put insurance on the bloody thing , I contacted a few local insurance companys and no luck so far.

Some even have it on their restricted list.

Does anybody know who offers reasonable insurance for these units (facility insurance wants $1500.00 plus a year lol)

Specs.

196cc

6.5 hp

max speed 35kph (governed)

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

eddylives

What a scam insurance companies are.

The only coverage they will offer is facility insurance at the cost of $1500 to $2000 a year lol.

A complete crock of ------ as far as I am concerned.

We need a better system for insurance here...these profit driven companys want too much for too little.

WalleyeWayne

For what it's worth, sled insurance is going the same way. I was with a local broker who is located on Memorial Ave that treated me well the 1st year. Upon renewal, they jacked my "combined" insurance up $750 despite us not having made a claim. To boot, he said they were considering canceling my sled insurance - and that my boat now needed a marine survey to renew the insurance. I asked him incredulously, why my insurance went up for no reason and he said premiums are going up everywhere and company's are now starting to refuse to insure sleds and quads unless you are prepared to pay through the teeth. I switched to another insurance company and they did insure me at the old rate - go figure...?

Guest JeffB

for what it's worth.. the fine for no insurance on a quad or sled is $250 as far as Ive been led to believe.

With the price of insurance being what it is, Id guess that we'll see more riders without coverage.

eyelander

Wow, $1,500.00-2,000.00, for one toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am paying $425.00/yr. for snowmobile and quad, full coverage, full year.

I am with Intact, they bought out all my other insurance providers for my house, truck/car, and my toys within the last 2 yrs.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

PRO V

I'v delt with the same insurance company for many a year and have been treated good, i'm old school, my sleds, and quads are 92's to 96's insurance is reasonable i don't

think i'll see a new toy for awhile, the newer, and bigger iron is just to expensive to insure.

Mike

eddylives

It seems that the companys hold certain off road vehicles to a different standard.

Quads ok...3 wheeler restricted....and a dirt bike with quad tires is also restricted it seems.

I cannot figure out their thought pattern with this , insure a 2 wheel drive racing quad that goes 100kph plus , sure no problem.

But no we wont give coverage to a low powered governed to 35kph machine because......????

Seems pretty bloody stupid to me....if a person cant get insurance for a vehicle why are they even allowed to be sold to the general public?