• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mucky

Rut action

Guest mucky

Hey Guys. Just wondering if anyone has seen much rut sign yet this season. You dont have to tell me your secret spot of course, but I was wondering if anyone has come across any fresh rut pits,scraps ect showing that the moose are becoming more active. I know people have been calling already for bow but im just trying to figure out how far into the rut we are.

Travis Schallock

At least 2 weeks in. The rut happens at the same time every year, or within a few days depending on the moon and cloud cover. The temperature doesn't have as much effect on the rut as most people think, if it is cold though they will go all day and night. When it is warm out, the moose won't move as much during the day. But they will still be rutting. The first rut pit I found this year was Sept 10, scapes before that.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

crisop

thier in the full rut, i know a few bow hunters who have called in some bulls and even seen 2 fighting

i was out yesterday for a 4wheeler ride and saw a road pretty tore up from 2 moose, so they are out there doing something

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest mucky

Two weeks in you figure. Looks like it will be at the very tail end of the rut then when gun season opens depending on the area. Thanks for the info. Might try to see if I can get some pics of some bulls coming to the calls prior to the rifle season.

gsambray

i got my gun spot ready to go. was able to call in a young bull the other day and caught the glimpse of a big rack through the bush later that day too. cant wait till the long weekend. the only problem is there were a lot of people scouting were i called them in so i guess friday night of the opener i an sleeping in my truck were i am gonna hunt. hope its a bit colder than last year though.

Guest mucky

LOL the ol'sleeping in the truck trick eh. I havnt gotten a chance to go out calling yet but I think maybe this week Ill head out one day and see what I can get to come out and say hi.

Spectre

i got my gun spot ready to go. was able to call in a young bull the other day and caught the glimpse of a big rack through the bush later that day too. cant wait till the long weekend. the only problem is there were a lot of people scouting were i called them in so i guess friday night of the opener i an sleeping in my truck were i am gonna hunt. hope its a bit colder than last year though.

Unfortunately sitting just outside of a cut or road waiting for sunrise dosen't stop some people from driving right past you into the spot as I found out last year... <_<

:fishing:

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Unfortunately sitting just outside of a cut or road waiting for sunrise dosen't stop some people from driving right past you into the spot as I found out last year... <_<

:fishing:

i'm done with hunting clear cuts they were good to me for a few yearsbut now i hunt swamp and slew, same wide open spaces but no traffic. I like to be mile or so from a gravel road to avoid disturbances from both hunters and enforcement. Google Earth makes this all possibe

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest mucky

Im with you 12many. Seen lots of moose in clear cuts but have see twice as many people while trying to hunt them. Drive down the main dirt road, down some tot roads, park the truck in the ditch, walk a few clicks to a remote swamp or slew and thats where you'll find me. And google earth is great for looking up those secret spots you never knew existed.

gsambray

anyone who knows me has seen how i park in the most messed up spots. so i am not too worried but i do know about the few idiots who will pass you on a narrow road just to get infront of you but thats when sighting in in the closest gravel pit tricks comes to play LOL

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

went out scouting, saw 2 moose(3 i f you count the one in the bed of a truck) and 10 birds. my Polaris Sportsman is an animal magnet.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President