• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NWO

The cost of travel

NWO Fishing Bum

Good luck!! NWO = limited access = less fuel trucks = more $/km/volume delivered = higher $/litre.

Every so often the fury gets loud enough, and political pressure leads to the fed's investigating the fuel companies for price fixing, and everytime they come back and say there was no price fixing. It still seems odd, doesn't it?

NWO Fishing Bum

Guest Jamie

I read an interesting article last summer when these prices first went crazy. They said a case of beer costs the same everywhere in Ontario so a litre of gas should also cost the same since both have shipping costs.

Guest Dobsey

This exact same topic quite active in the Officially Rugged forum.

As for the gas thing it has been a proven fact that the price change between here (thunder bay) and southern ontario should be absolutly no more then a 10 cent diffrence. Well atleast right now gas has dropped down to $0.94.7

crisop

actually dobsey if you remeber gravelle and our old mayor boschoff sat on a gas price watchdog panel in 2002 or somehwre around there and had it all figured out shipping to here only costs 3-5 cents per liter more, so gas shouldnt' be anymore than 3-5 cents higher than the TO area

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest hardcorefishn

Here's a heads up, Bannon's Gas Bar sells their gas at 87.9 per liter at the pump (sept 22 price), if you have a card you can get it for around 75 per liter. Now that I travel hwy 61 every day, I stop in and buy my gas there.

As for the cost difference between here and the GTA, if they are allowed to lower their gas prices based on their cost to deliver and what ever (actually we are being gouged), then why can't Northwestern Ontario drop our hydro costs to reflect the actual cost to produce and transmit?? Why are our hydro costs set the same as Southern Ontario but our gas prices are not? you could bet that if it did cost us more to produce and deliver hydro than it did in Southern Ontario, we would be paying more, but because we can produce cheaper we still have to pay the same, I guess it's to offset the high cost of delivery in Southern Ontario!!

Gone8to1248

On my way up here the gas prices ranged form over $3 per gallon in the Chicago area to as little as $2.29 per gallon in Minnesota. I saw as much as $ . 15 cents a gallon difference between gas stations right across the street fron one and another. In the states each city can have it's own tax on gas along with state and federal taxes which each one varies. I think the average I paid was $2.34 a gallon on the way up here.

gone8to1248

Bernie

Guest loggerpete

I go to the reserve for my home fuel .67/L coloured today

We always get the shaft cause our population is so small up here.You cant beat the Govrnment or big corporations.

Guest Dobsey

What gets me is that the fuel comes right through Thunder Bay, you think someone would get smart and try and get a distribution outlet if you will, here therefor there would be virtually no shipping required adn the prices should remain the same as the TO area

crisop

we have huge tanks on the other side of the old jacknife bridge, railway and ships bring it in so i don't see the difference in prices for here and TO

also with the hydro, we should go to whiteriver and flip the breaker no more power for the TO area once we do that and tell them we get different prices than you do or it stay s off

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest loggerpete

I say we seperate and join Manitoba,can`t be any worse. Nobody down south ever listens to us.

All they do is fix the highway once in awhile and say there you go now thank us.

Guest Guest

Okay....

How about this.....

When I left Toronto in August to come back to T-Bay I filled up the truck at .82 cents a litre. When I got back to Thunder bay a day later it was $1.19 !! The price in Toronto was down to .70 cents a litre by the time we saw prices drop below $1.00 here. It's pretty consistently ~ .30 cents a litre more expensive here.

Ridiculous !

In Toronto the price of gas drops with the time of day. It will be more expensive to fill up in the morning on your way to work than on the way home later, and the best time is at about 11:00 pm.

That's because they COMPETE for your business there....and here the gas stations don't have to. One guy wakes up and sets the gas price and every other station in town sets it at the same price ...and it will not change ( often for WEEKS ) because they ( the gas stations ) are all COOPERATING ....not competing.

Someone asked me " But what can you do? We have to drive and we need gas ! "

But we can do something....

NEVER EVER buy a single thing from a gas station except gas !

Screw them ! They have been screwing us, so screw them!

No chips ...no pop....no wiper fluid ...no magazines...no paper ....no milk

.....Nothing.....Nothing but gas.

We could severely make a statement as consumers if we stopped doing that. Local gas stations make a lot of money off of all the secondary sales.

Think about it ...we can take our business elsewhere.

The Duck.