• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Foz

2011 fishing

Foz

Just wondering if anyone cares to share. Where was the best fishing you had in the spring, summer and fall of 2011?

Jayfishin

Lake Nipigon in June was good - 20lb laker, 3lb speck

A family trip with the young and old boys to Marshall Lake (NW of Nakina) was awesome as usual in July - kids had fun - lots of doubles and triples

Good week of fishing on Shebandewan lake at the SSS with an old buddy -lots of smallies with some nice walleye mixed in.

August thru October saw us on Pakwash Lake (Ear Falls) boating some real nice walleye (up to 7lbs) and smallmouth (to 4lbs).

Pretty good fishing season overall. fishing1.gif

Jay

Guest Fish Life

Moved up here from Southern Ontario in late July (something I should've done 10 years ago), compared to fishing down there, almost every time out was the best Ive experienced. Walleye fishing all over the region is fantastic (havent caught any hogs yet, but the numbers are incredible), catchin big salmon on the Nipigon all through September, jiggin up big lakers on Arrow and Jesse lake and beauty specks on the stocked lakes through the fall. I cant wait to get into em' through the ice (by the way, I got my first brookie through the ice the other day, Im not sayin Im a smart man for being on the ice this early, but where I was there was a good 2.5 inches of clear ice and I was in fairly shallow water). I literally have hundreds of lakes and rivers picked out that I need to check out, so I guess Ill be up here for a while.

Some Old Guy

My fishing season was pretty good.

But my best walleye fishing for one day believe it or not was day 2 of the Geraldton Walleye Classic. My trolling motor plug ended up breaking and the first stop it would turn off and on and not working right. The boat started to drift over my line and I reeled in. As soon as my bait got near the surface a walleye turned right at the top. It was about 20-22 inches long. I threw down the anchor and I could even tell you how many fish we caught. It was the busiest spot on the lake and it was one of those days where you couldn't do anything wrong!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

luc

that day still in my mind for the rest of my life

luc

Guest mnaiman

One weekend in september, a buddy and I went out to the Nip and we both got plenty nice 10lbs plus bows and salmon, then a 26" speck, and a couple more at 24"and 25." They were out of season and got back in the water ASAP, but they were still amazing to see. Then we went up to fraser and got our limit of walters. Great day on the water!

Also, have to mention a waterfall I was lucky enough to stay at in manitoba while on a canoe trip. Not only was I being paid to lead the trip; over the day and a half we stayed at this set of rapids, I personally landed over 50 walleye, none under 2.5lbs, the biggest were 28" and a FAT 29" ... goood times :lol:

Lyle Reiner

This summer we went to Fraser and absolutely could do no wrong, boated fish after fish after fish. Best walleye fishing I ever experienced so far

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Wade O.

To be honest, my fishing for 2011 was more than disappointing. Started out good on May long, but then only got out like two more times all summer. Damn you house responsibilities and honey do lists! Sometimes I wish I was useless with tools so my wife would just pay someone to do my work. Maybe I'll try to do a crappy job then I won't have to do any work anymore.

• Like 1

McGinnis_Fishing

my 2011 season was pretty good. went out on the kam with a buddy in july and caught my 2 biggest fish of my life. caught an 11 and 9 pound walleye. All in all i had a great 2011 season and caught wait for 2012 already!

Guest jackfish pete

Quite a good year for me. This is the first year I've targeted pike in Lake Superior and it won't be the last. 20 pound gators on 4 pound test is a lot of fun! Catching lake trout in Quetico was good too - got the best and longest fight I've ever had from a fat 30 inch laker. Nonstop bass action in a river deep in Quetico was plenty of fun, too.

Being able to paddle/troll solo from the canoe was a big help!