• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Munshaw

Sturgeon Poacher...

Guest Munshaw

I was fishing a local river the other day and came across two fellows chucking HUGE treble hooks into sturgeon spawning pools and snagging them in the face/sides. The following day I saw them fishing for walleye. Great stuff! Keep up the good work assholes. I have sent photos and descriptions to the MNR, but would like to post this photo of their truck hoping everyone who comes across them can give them a hard time. I approached them about it, and they gave an attitude like "f___ you". Then they saw I was taking pictures of them and they left. They are almost definitely locals. Its laughable that they would call themselves fishermen. One guy is tall, short cropped grey hair in his late 40's early 50's. The other guy is short and stalky and younger, maybe 30ish. They like to fish with 6 foot 2/4's and huge treble hooks - please report them to the MNR if you see them continuing this behavior!

Guys - please use your camera as a weapon! Many of you carry digital cameras these days, and I think the MNR appreciates it when we can help fill the void left by government cutbacks. I HATE to see people snagging fish, particularly when they are so vulnerable. IPB Image

gone fishin'

It was quite brave of you to challenge them. :o In the woods, no one else around- I can't say I would be that brave. Taking photos is a great idea- I carry a camera most of the time, as does every one else on this board.

Guest fishinbuddy

Good to see people stepping up.

Right on.

MOOSE

I agree with moose "GOOD FOR YOU". Somebody speaking up and takeing some action shows true character. I also think when you are alone you maybe a little less confrontation the #'s aren't on your side. You are lucky these guys are CHIKENS as well as POACHERS. You are 100% right about the camera being a great tool to use against people like this. Hopefully this type of thing will disappear in the future.

fishinbuddy

Guest Munshaw

I'm not really all that worried about confrontation while on rivers. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? So the guy gets irate and snaps your rod in half and takes a swing at you - lets hope he's stupid enough! Then he'd have a nice assault and mischief charge to go along with his poaching charge! It's not like I go out looking for conflict, but as with others I know, I'm certainly not going to say nothing at all.

Guest Dan

Good job Munshaw. Love the photo of the truck with the plate #'s. Let's hope it goes somewhere.

Guest TerryK

Awesome Munshaw! Thanks for standing up and doing something! I'm sick of hearing these stories but the story teller refused to do anything about the moron doing the poaching.

I'm quite sure that guy is going to get a summons delivered to him quite soon!

Some Old Guy

Just a thought here but first, Way to go Munshaw!!!!!

I know that there are a few C.O.'s that frequent this board and the MNR now depends on tips from the public.

Should I open a "Report a Poacher Board"?

Just a thought and would people use it if they can? And would the MNR agree to it? Let me know!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

speckmaster

I think it's a great idea because like the other guys said, most people carry digital cameras and can capture any "funny business".

Master Baiter

Awesme job there Mud....keep it up boys!!

Roger thats an awesome idea

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

Guest Big Moose

Hey Roger I don't see why your idea wouldn't fly give it a shot.

I wouldn't say that I go looking for conflict all the time but I sure as hell wouldn't back down from some dumb rear end acting stupid. If someone was to step up I wouldn't hesitate.

WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT. :ninja:

Gone8to1248

I know there are some LAW Enforcement Officers that are on the Board here and may want to give some input into this. You may want to be careful about confronting someone out in the bush or when your alone. It's not only a matter of you being able to kick thier #@!, it's also a matter on not crossing the line and comitting an assult yourself. I'm aware that your laws are somewhat different up there than the ones down here so you may want to brush up on them. An EXAMPLE**** I threaten to hit you. I have just committed an Assult. I touch or hit you in a provocking manner, I have now committed a Battery. Another EXAMPLE***

I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 280lbs and I threaten to hit you. You weigh in at 120lbs and stand 5'2" tall. You fear for your life because of the size difference and grab a log and hit me over the head. I would be charged with Assult and you would have used self defense. There is a thing called the "Reasonable Man Act". What would 100 people in that same case do?

I would just take the pictures of the crime being committed and of thier vehicles and if at all possible with them IN THE VeHICLES!! That way they can conficate their vehicles if they want! And if they should thraten you or come after you,then tell them you are afraid of them and kick the living #@*& out of them!! LOL

Everyones LAWS are a little different so just know which ones you are under.

At one time I was a police officer for a county!

Gone8to1248

Guest TerryK

Just a thought here but first, Way to go Munshaw!!!!!

I know that there are a few C.O.'s that frequent this board and the MNR now depends on tips from the public.

Should I open a "Report a Poacher Board"?

Just a thought and would people use it if they can? And would the MNR agree to it? Let me know!

Roger

Fantastic idea Rog, but make sure you look at any legal issues posting someone's name and licence number might bring. If there are none, the LET'S GET EM!!!

Guest Munshaw

There is definatley no physical aspect to confronting someone on a river, be it alone or with a group of people. Most (hopefully) adults are beyond threatening someone with physical harm I think. Its simply a matter of sticking with the law in my eyes. I would never dream of assaulting someone on a river, or trying to intimidate them with threats. I could see how someone may get upset and want to start something, particularly if you're standing there taking pictures of them. Like I said, if they wanted to assault you on the river, they'd be facing much more than just a poaching charge, they'd face criminal charges as well. Its not something I really worry about. If someone wants to put that much on the line for some poached fish - I say let them!

I can just see it now - two dueling fishermen brandishing 13 footers.

Thrust- parry parry - Thrust :lol:

Guest segabo

Many digital cameras have the option of taking short video clips as well. It would have been nice to have a video of these creeps in the act.

Guest loggerpete

Great Idea but this site could be liable legally if someone innocent gets they`re stuff vandalized cause someone put a picture up of they`re truck.I wrote down this guys number and have it in my tackle bag and if I see this guys truck I`ll take a closer look and even try taking pictures of this guy screwing up.

But its still hear say.

No offence but if one of my trucks shows up here I`m gonna be pissed.I don`t poach but there are a lot of loosers out there that like to stirr up poopy poop.

Just sayin carefull where your goin with this,by the way is there an update on this guy like did the law investigate?

Guest Munshaw

Haven't heard anything back on this particular case HOWEVER regarding a different case from earlier in the spring where a part of 3 (including myself) took pictures of a poacher - two guys are set for trial after CO's caught them with 14 steelies between two people. All from one simple digital picture sent to the MNR... :)

Guest TerryK

Thats AWESOME Adam! Hope those low lifes get the book thrown at them. 14 steelhead? Geeze!