• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishinmagician

Ice fishing on lac de mille lac

Guest fishinmagician

Drive out? Really?...gee, that sounds...hmmm - STUPID!

I just wanted to know if anyone had been out yet as I've been out of town the last few weeks and was wondering if anyone knew what the conditions were like out there - wow!

Thanks though to those members that have posted on another message thread about 2011/12 ice conditions...we are all anxious I am sure to get out for some early ice bites - and it's nice to be able to check in and see how things are before heading out...safely.

NoUseForAName_GW

By "Driving out" I think he meant, try driving out to the lake yourself and try fishing. Not Drive on the lake with your vehicle.

Gavin

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

i can tell you ice conditions, but first you have to make me a sandwhich.:P

hilibilly went out this morn i saw, so he will post like 32 seconds after he gets home, just be patient.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Lyle Reiner

Har har. I haven't left yet, and really? 32 seconds? Ill post when I get there.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Lyle Reiner

Ya too bad my friend bailed and i didnt go.. fml

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

fisherdude

i was looking forward to the info:(

68camaro

Anyone have updates on ice conditions??!!

Guest fishinmagician

drove out today to check things out - shack is on the lake and even managed to catch a few! At least a dozen shacks out already...14-16" of ice where we are...let the season begin!

68camaro

drove out today to check things out - shack is on the lake and even managed to catch a few! At least a dozen shacks out already...14-16" of ice where we are...let the season begin!

Thats great news! I'll be bringing my shak out on friday. Gary's should be a busy place this weekend.

Guest Ol Big Moose

I talked to a few people yesterday and this morning and there is a steady stream of shacks going out from Sawmill. The SaltynutshacK should be out this weekend for the beginning of the wallleye slaying.

Guest drted

Ok....going to Lac on Saturday...rain in town and I am getting mixed reports on ice conditions out of Sawmill....going to Eagles Nest with a truck and shack behind....any updates would be apppreciated...I am hearing 7"...

Thx and good luck!!!

Guest lacman

Ok....going to Lac on Saturday...rain in town and I am getting mixed reports on ice conditions out of Sawmill....going to Eagles Nest with a truck and shack behind....any updates would be apppreciated...I am hearing 7"...

Thx and good luck!!!

You are taking a truck on the ice with 7" of ice?

I was on the lake last weekend at Open Bay and there was a good 8-10" of solid ice.

mikejson

Would be nice to know the real story... I hear 6inches, and then I hear trucks and shacks streaming out at sawmill...

Anyone know for sure?

I'm planning on going this weekend, want to bring the truck out to pull the shack...

Guest jj1

talked to Gary for awhile on Sunday when we were out there working on our shack. He said he was letting smaller trucks out on the ice. Said people were out to coffin and carp with their shacks.

Guest drted

You are taking a truck on the ice with 7" of ice?

I was on the lake last weekend at Open Bay and there was a good 8-10" of solid ice.

mikejson

talked to Gary for awhile on Sunday when we were out there working on our shack. He said he was letting smaller trucks out on the ice. Said people were out to coffin and carp with their shacks.

Hmm, I wonder what "smaller trucks" is hehe... Dodge 1500 pulling my 8x10 shack small enough? :P

Guest drted

Heck no!!! I am iffy with 10" of ice.....sort of thought the conditions need to improve to be absolutely sure b4 venturing out with a truck.....thx again

Guest Melly

was out there yesterday, we towed our shacks out with the truck to coffin island area, there was about 9-10 inches of ice where we were, just dont go to fast haha

Lundy

Pulled mine out on Wednesday with a full size pickup past sand point, no problems.