• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
beercan

Equal Access to Crown Land

uncle

What ever happened to free enterprise? Never mind arguing over who owns the fly in camps, I don't care if they are owned by Martians. I can't think of another business that refuses to go with changing times that the government would make rules and laws to protect. If a camp is not viable as a fly in anymore, change it to go with the times like any other type of business would have to. If you are dead set on owning a fly in camp, move to where there are many pristine, roadless parts of the Province.

Buck 120

I take back my comment of "rich plane owners". The point I was trying to make Mooseman, is if access is denied by motorized vehicle, float planes should be considered a motorized vehicle.

If the purpose of protecting the lakes for outfitters, why are float planes able to fish when others are not?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest fancy pants

I take back my comment of "rich plane owners". The point I was trying to make Mooseman, is if access is denied by motorized vehicle, float planes should be considered a motorized vehicle.

If the purpose of protecting the lakes for outfitters, why are float planes able to fish when others are not?

I agree with this. Its like saying you can take a snowmobile, but are not allowed to walk in.

Chuck

The way I see it go buy an ultralite equipped with floats aquire enough balz to fly it and off you go

Fish anywhere you want Myself I would rather go with a petition as we did in the past

Squeaky wheels always get greased :fire:

Git "er done

PRO V

We have a pretty big back yard here, just wondering does anybody have a ball park figure on how many lakes, crown land restricted areas we have in this part of

the country.?

Mike.

Guest mooseman

Good day everyone, I agree with your point about why can a plane fly in if the purpose is to protect the lake. I think the answer is the MNR and how it defines traditional means or access. I guess the idea is the planes have always be able to fly into any lake they wanted much like a canoe going down a river system. I'm sure the outfitters I know would love to see planes stopped as well but thats not likely to happen. Contrary to what most believe, the MNR is not outfitter friendly by any means, just talk to any outfitter and you will get an ear full about that.

I agree that times change and any business has to evolve and conform to things they have no control over like the economy, the dollar value, and the changing interests of youth. However, they should have some control over road access that are built into in area so a pulp mill can make money. Most don't want to control all the lakes, just the ones that affect their business. Why is it that there is boat cache rules in Ignace, Dryden and Atikokan, but not in Thunder Bay. I find American boats all over the bush on my trapline and surrounding areas.

rodman

How about "private lake's". As far as I am concerned there should be no such thing.As long as you are considerate ab out people's property and follow the fishing rules and regulation's I think as canadian citizen's we should have the right to fish any lake we choose.There should be public accesss to any body of water,a small piece should be held for public access.I am not talking about parking in someone's driveway and walking across their front lawn to fish,but if I want to go on to a lake and drag my 5 year old in a toboggan across ten feet of land from the road to the lake,I would hope not to get called a trespasser from the owner who own's the property and who's house sit's across the bay 2000 ft away!

Gone8to1248

The way I see it go buy an ultralite equipped with floats aquire enough balz to fly it and off you go

Fish anywhere you want Myself I would rather go with a petition as we did in the past

Squeaky wheels always get greased :fire:

Did you meen something like this:

http://windsockweb.com/ultralight.shtml

Actually an ultralight Helicopter would be more fun and could land anyplace!

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=11&Cat=1

Bernie

Guest Smack Um

Did you meen something like this:

http://windsockweb.com/ultralight.shtml

Actually an ultralight Helicopter would be more fun and could land anyplace!

http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=11&Cat=1

Bernie

I had an opportunity to buy an ultralight with pontoons in the 1980's from a neighbour he lived just up the road from us and had a camp on Hicks Lake but first he said I had to listen to the story of his last flight.

He used to use it to fly into stocked lakes in the Dorion Area which he had to cork screw his way into and out of on his last flight the wind shear at the crest of the surrounding mountain almost blew him into a cliff.

When he got home and told his wife she threatend a divorce it was her or the ultralight she said; that changed my mind about flying in one as well. :wacko:

Mr. Canoehead

And what about lac? How is it that a lake so big and popular with anglers has no public launch for winter?

Mr. Canoehead

why can't you use the same ones you do in the summer? The one along the highway is plowed.

Because it's on the river and I dont want to put my truck through the ice. So everyone pays Gary $10.

Resource Pimp

Many years ago when Syncox was still there he plowed right down the river from his place to Lac.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

uncle

Many years ago when Syncox was still there he plowed right down the river from his place to Lac.

Ha ha. I know a few stories about Syncox and there are quite a few places I would never follow him, an ice road on the river being one of them.

Gone8to1248

Last 4 posts were deleted by me.

gone8to1248

Bernie

Guest Smack Um

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this article by Profesor Internet link as follows:

/>http://www.notquitewrong.com/rosscottinc/2011/08/03/so-youre-mad-about-something-on-the-internet/

Pat

Guest Smack Um

LMAO I like it!!

Thanks I found Dr Internet on a Canadian fun site link as follows:
/>http://www.canadaka.net/

Cheers :)

Pat