• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AB

Black Bay????

AB

The MODIS site is showing that Black Bay has some ice in it.

After landing a few nice Perch out of whatfish this year I'm liking the way they fill up a frying pan.

I'm wondering if anyone has been out after the jumbos in Lake Superior? Any idea if the ice shacks are going to be available for rent like last year?

Thanxz,

iceman

crazyctr

The MODIS site is showing that Black Bay has some ice in it.

After landing a few nice Perch out of whatfish this year I'm liking the way they fill up a frying pan.

I'm wondering if anyone has been out after the jumbos in Lake Superior? Any idea if the ice shacks are going to be available for rent like last year?

Thanxz,

iceman

hello iceman the perch are biting and there is around 12 inches of ice out on black bay as for huts i have 2 huts for rent out there now one hut is set up for day trips it is 6 foot x 8 foot with a cook stove and a wood stove for heat and the other hut is bigger it sleeps four people has a cook stove and wood heat it is 8 foot x 16 foot fully insulated firewood is supplied for both huts the small hut is priced at $50 per day the big hut is $100 per day here is a sample of the perch caught new years day

post-1941-0-78002900-1325488057_thumb.jp

post-1941-0-84141600-1325488101_thumb.jp

post-1941-0-68567900-1325488155_thumb.jp

post-1941-0-25790000-1325488208_thumb.jp

post-1941-0-44488900-1325488249_thumb.jp

hbaits.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

im taking a trip out there to try out my new ht polar escape flip up shelter i just scored for 2 bills.

what depth should i be looking at?

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest walleyeking

just went out with cam to put out the shacks and try a little fish will let ya know how it goes

and?

Guest walleyeking

well not too many perch yesterday but we got our limits today really awsome we had lots of wind that came in but we were in one of cams shacks and stayed warm out of 50 perch probably 25 were jumbos with the otherd being large ones

Guest walleyeking

and?

well on wenesday not too good of fishing keep in mind we were hauling all the huts out and didnt have much time to fish BUT today on january 5 we limited out me and my son 25 of which were jumbos and the rest being a good large

Guest walleyeking

im taking a trip out there to try out my new ht polar escape flip up shelter i just scored for 2 bills.

what depth should i be looking at?

we were fishing in 20 feet today we tried 16 and 12 feet but was really slow next time if our HOT spot slows down ill be into 30 foot range

rodman

we were fishing in 20 feet today we tried 16 and 12 feet but was really slow next time if our HOT spot slows down ill be into 30 foot range

rodman

Oops!

Having never fished Black Bay I was wondering if it is worth walking out or do you need to get out from shore a way's?

And what is the best access,Hurkett cove turn off?

crazyctr

Oops!

Having never fished Black Bay I was wondering if it is worth walking out or do you need to get out from shore a way's?

And what is the best access,Hurkett cove turn off?

going out from hurkett dock is the easiest and its better if you have a snowmachine its quite a ways out to the good fishing areas

hbaits.jpg

Mr. Canoehead

I asked this last year and no definitive answer but..does anyone drive their truck out there once the ice thickens up or is there too much current and unpredictable ice to be safe?

Good job on the perch fishing!

And Channy, even a nice day in town can still be brutal on Superior, a shelter is a very good idea.

Is the wind that bad? Is it neccassary to have shelter? I have never been out there.

i just scored a wicked 2 man (or woman haha) flip up for 2bills. cheap cheap. just watch kijiji and be the first one there with a somewhat lowball offer.

Chuck

Seen a brand new power auger for 325.00 Just listed this morning

Git "er done

crazyctr

Is the wind that bad? Is it neccassary to have shelter? I have never been out there.

hello channy the wind can be reaaly bad out there at times if its from the south you got 27 miles of wide open space for it to come from

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

I asked this last year and no definitive answer but..does anyone drive their truck out there once the ice thickens up or is there too much current and unpredictable ice to be safe?

Good job on the perch fishing!

And Channy, even a nice day in town can still be brutal on Superior, a shelter is a very good idea.

hi mr canoehead there is poeple that drive their trucks out there but as everyone knows lake superior has many ice ridges that you have to be very careful around

hbaits.jpg

Mr. Canoehead

hi mr canoehead there is poeple that drive their trucks out there but as everyone knows lake superior has many ice ridges that you have to be very careful around

Thanks I will wait till later in the season, follow the beaten path and be safe out there.

Guest Channy

hello channy the wind can be reaaly bad out there at times if its from the south you got 27 miles of wide open space for it to come from

Yikes, its sounds freezing :/ We'll rent a shak.

crazyctr

Thanks I will wait till later in the season, follow the beaten path and be safe out there.

if you have a 4 wheeler or snowmachine you can go almost anywhere out there you want to with a 4 wheeler just bring yourself a couple 6 foot planks to use to cross the ice ridges and your good 2 go

hbaits.jpg

Mr. Canoehead

if you have a 4 wheeler or snowmachine you can go almost anywhere out there you want to with a 4 wheeler just bring yourself a couple 6 foot planks to use to cross the ice ridges and your good 2 go

wish I had a quad or snowmachine...maybe next year <_< 4 wheel drive and snowshoes is gonna have to be good enuf until then :lol:

crazyctr

wish I had a quad or snowmachine...maybe next year <_< 4 wheel drive and snowshoes is gonna have to be good enuf until then :lol:

if you want to go out fishing at one of my ice huts i have a spare machine that im goona be renting out for those who dont have one of their own ive been getting lots of request for something of that nature from others to

hbaits.jpg

Mr. Canoehead

if you want to go out fishing at one of my ice huts i have a spare machine that im goona be renting out for those who dont have one of their own ive been getting lots of request for something of that nature from others to

Sounds good.

WalleyeWayne

Can't get much better than having access to a rental hut and then renting a sled to get there! For those wishing to try ice fishing that don't have these options, what more could one ask for? Get out and give icing a try :icefishing:

Kashabowie_KID

Was out there yesterday with crazyctr ( Gary )... We rented the day shack from him, and the machine.... Fishing was steady.... Caught the biggest perch of my life.... Was close to two pounds 15'... When u rent from Gary u get it all... Away out, the shack, and the minnows... We were there for 5 hours caught about 50 perch kept 20.... The day was great, if it wasn't for the wind we would of had way more fish on the ice.... Total for the day was. $ 80 between 3 guys... If u guys/girls like icefishing this is the best way to catch some fish, u will catch fish for sure.... Highly suggest call crazyctr ( Gary ) and giving it try... 1 807 887 4685 / 1 807 857 1462....