• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AB

Black Bay????

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

wow we were in black portable with atv before big ice ridge. we caught some but not that many.

you were in shack east of us??? or further out in bay?

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Kashabowie_KID

We were further in the bay from the ice ridge like 2 or 3 miles... Garys shacks r the last one u can see... We were fishing in 20-22 FOW...

crazyctr

Was out there yesterday with crazyctr ( Gary )... We rented the day shack from him, and the machine.... Fishing was steady.... Caught the biggest perch of my life.... Was close to two pounds 15'... When u rent from Gary u get it all... Away out, the shack, and the minnows... We were there for 5 hours caught about 50 perch kept 20.... The day was great, if it wasn't for the wind we would of had way more fish on the ice.... Total for the day was. $ 80 between 3 guys... If u guys/girls like icefishing this is the best way to catch some fish, u will catch fish for sure.... Highly suggest call crazyctr ( Gary ) and giving it try... 1 807 887 4685 / 1 807 857 1462....

thank you very much digger was great having you guys out there cant wait till yous come back was out with the next gang today got some real nice fish today too

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

wow we were in black portable with atv before big ice ridge. we caught some but not that many.

you were in shack east of us??? or further out in bay?

hi 12many i saw where you we`re fishing next time just cross the ice ridge and go out along the trail another couple miles and find a water depth of 18 feet to 30 feet you will have better fishing there or just come out to the ice huts theres lots of room for everyone there

hbaits.jpg

walleye warrior

just wondering where you access black bay from? I want to come out there this weekend and wondering where the best access is.

crazyctr

just wondering where you access black bay from? I want to come out there this weekend and wondering where the best access is.

the best place to access black bay is from the hurkett dock

hbaits.jpg

hi 12many i saw where you we`re fishing next time just cross the ice ridge and go out along the trail another couple miles and find a water depth of 18 feet to 30 feet you will have better fishing there or just come out to the ice huts theres lots of room for everyone there

didnt wanna take sled as i didnt know if lake had enough snow. now that i scored a heater for shelter and know there is snow ill be out there again, probably next week, if you see my yellow rev mxz and black HT shelter come say hi

crazyctr

didnt wanna take sled as i didnt know if lake had enough snow. now that i scored a heater for shelter and know there is snow ill be out there again, probably next week, if you see my yellow rev mxz and black HT shelter come say hi

will do or if ur out near the too brown ice huts drop by

hbaits.jpg

NorthwestHunter

I can hardly wait until Saturday...renting one of crazyctr's shacks.

If you see me out there with a bright lime green arctic cat 440 sno pro, come say hi!!!

:icefishing:

-Paul

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Guest Channy

Can someone describe these ice ridges and why you need a plank to get across them. I've only Ice fished the big lake in Sault Ste. Marie area and I don't remember seeing them.

I really want to get out to Black Bay it sounds awesome!

Some Old Guy

They are pressure ridges in the ice. As the ice forms it builds pressure and the ice forms a ridge where its breaks and heaves upwards. You need planks sometimes as the gap in the ice will swallow tires. These are the ridges that some people can'[t see when they are on snowmobiles. Can be pretty nasty.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crazyctr

Can someone describe these ice ridges and why you need a plank to get across them. I've only Ice fished the big lake in Sault Ste. Marie area and I don't remember seeing them.

I really want to get out to Black Bay it sounds awesome!

hi channy we have one main ice ridge that is changing everyday i am trying to keep it knocked down as much as i can so people can cross it easily you only need the planks as a safety precaution in case the ridge opens up it is mainly for people using 4 wheelers snowmobiles are more forgiving

hbaits.jpg

McGinnis_Fishing

can you drive a truck out on the ice?

crazyctr

can you drive a truck out on the ice?

not at this time the ice ridge is too unstable yet

hbaits.jpg

even a few small ridges had gaps with no ice, only packed snow, atv didnt sink but if you drop a front truck tire in a hole, your day is done. once that front end drops a little its like trying to drive uphill on ice to lift that tire out with weight of engine . and i wouldn't wanna be using a jack-all to lift truck on an ice ridge. and i think like 70% of vehicles lost on ice are at an ice pressure ridge?

Guest Channy

Are the ridges marked? Probably stupid question. But I have a super fast machine and my husband and myself have never been out there. We are thinking the weekend of the 21st. How far is it out to where the shaks are?

Guest fancy pants

No matter how super fast your machine is you should probably go slow if you are riding somewhere you have never been before. On superior I would keep it slow on the way back as well since conditions are ever changing. Just my 2¢

crazyctr

Are the ridges marked? Probably stupid question. But I have a super fast machine and my husband and myself have never been out there. We are thinking the weekend of the 21st. How far is it out to where the shaks are?

hi channy there is only the one main ice ridge to worry about and yes it is marked where ive been knocking it down so it is easier to crossover. the ice huts are out about 5 miles

hbaits.jpg

Guest Channy

It's not my driving I'm worried about-- it's keeping up with my husband who'll shoot across that ice like a bat out of hell!

Of course I'm somewhat joking. We'll take it easy and I'm glad that I now have some awarness of the hazards .

Chuck

When it comes to pressure ridges caution is advised My buddie was showing off on an inland lake without checking out the lake first Bad move he was at least 30 ft in the air he was okay but the machine was in self destruct mode

Superior has pressure ridges that can be as high as 7ft or more and the last thing you want is to hit an ice wall

Five mile out at 20 miles an hour takes 15 min enjoy the ride Sounds like Gary has it under control :icefishing:

Git "er done

levi64

Yeah, just open her up when you hit the ridge, if the wind is at your back you should land somewhere around the shacks :P

crazyctr

just came in from the huts and the ice ridge is really working today it opened up about 3 feet if your gonna be going out there in the next few days make sure you bring planks if you have a 4 wheeler

hbaits.jpg

NorthwestHunter

just came in from the huts and the ice ridge is really working today it opened up about 3 feet if your gonna be going out there in the next few days make sure you bring planks if you have a 4 wheeler

Should be alright with a snowmobile though?

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

crazyctr

Should be alright with a snowmobile though?

hello paul yes snowmobiles are no problem its just 4 wheelers that have to use extreme care crossing the ice ridge thats why im letting everyone that uses 4 wheelers to bring some planks around 6 feet long just in case its better to be safe rather then sorry

hbaits.jpg