• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Legality of Bullet Style

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Hi guys, I'm just trying to figure out whether this bullet type is legal to hunt with. I have plans to begin reloading for a few of my rifles and have come across quite a unique type of bullet which has many of the ballistic qualities I was looking for. It is a gilding metal bullet, though it should not be confused with FMJ's. Visually it looks like a mix between a banded solid like those used on big or dangerous game, but it has a frontal nose like that of a hollow-point. It is designed not too expand, but the nose design creates significant hydrostatic shock and a substantial wound cavity. The bullet has been around for a while now and has been extensively proven as a good game killer, but as I sated earlier, I'd just like to know if its legal here, thanks.

Bullet is the Woodleigh Hydrostatically-Stabilized

Link to Woodleigh site with product information: http://www.woodleigh...ally-stabilised

Guest MNR

The bullet you describe is not restricted or prohibited under the Canadian Firearms Act. The only specific requirment for a particular type of ammunitinon under the provincial legislation that governs hunting (Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act) is the use of centre fire cartridges when hunting big game (moose, deer, elk, bear).