• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

squeers

Guest Channy

We got in for Sat 10th or the Mon or Tues. Do we have to let them know what day we are coming? Do we need to bring the letter or just show up?

Also have not been there for a few years and I can't remember how to get there. Anyonw care to post directions?

THANKS!!!!

Ice Girl

with this warm weather, I have a feeling it'll be cancelled yet again...or you'll be walking in with slush/water up to your waist.

nateandrychuk

hey guys just hope for cold nights and its only march here we still have a ways to go before spring

beartrack.jpg.1a43097fbd2f6250c49a780f32

naden

If your going later in the week I would deffenetly recommend finding a good way to pack in your gear, last year the trail was so rough I broke my hitch, tackle boxes, all my reels, and some plastic pieces in my auger. I was going as slow as I could with the sleigh but the trail was brutal.

Some Old Guy

I don't think it will shut down. There's plenty of snow to reflect heat right now. Slush maybe a concern on the lake. I would avoid drilling holes near trails on the lake. That way water won't ruin them. The trail I think will be a concern as warm snow, when packed, gives way quicker than nonpacked snow.

I think the ice will be fine. Like was said, keep the nights cold!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Foozer

Rain in the forecast tomorrow.

Not sure if it'll rain out there, but rain always makes for an interesting outting.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Some Old Guy

Rain always makes it interesting. Rain+snowpacked road=In the ditch again...... I just can't wait to get in the ditch again......... Hey help me all of my friends..... Help me to get outta the ditch again.........

Roger

P.S. If you know what that is sung to, I dare you to try and get that out of your head!!!! Ha Ha!

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest Ol Big Moose

The best squeers fishing I've ever had was in the rain. I highly doubt it will be cancelled there is still plenty of safe ice.. contact Lorne at lorne.kraft@ontario.gc he will have all your answers,he's also the guy that will be cleaning your fish

Guest Mattyh

Can we just show up or do we need a letter or something? I haven't been there for a few years now and I see someone mentioned an acceptance letter. Thanks

Mykiss

No letter required (it helps to have it)...the crew has a master list at the lake. Ice conditions are great 45 cm....cold nights should help maintain conditions into the weekend,,,,,the person to E-Mail at MNR is jon.george@ontario.ca or call 939-3113

Updates of conditions will be posted each night during the fishery on this site. Direction maps are available on request from MNR at the above E-Mail. The crew is at the lake for the entire fishery, The reason for packing it in at 5:30 PM is the crew needs to review the days data and set up for the following day.

WalleyeWayne

I'm 100% certain the event won't be canceled because of the weather. The warm weather will have a minimal effect on ice thickness...but yes there will be slush spots. The trail, as usual, becomes "sugary" after day #1 and continues to deteriorate after that to the point you are riding on mud. The drive out is where your trucks and trailers are going turn to brown driving through all the muddy quagmires as the sun melts the ice & snow on the road. Bring rubber boots for the lake and all will be good. Can't beat sitting in the sun in +15C temps, can yah? CYA Saturday - we'll be the ones BBQing deer steaks. WOOHOO!!!

Barrski

Never been to the lake, is the bush road identified or does it have a name?

barrski

Resource Pimp

Never been to the lake, is the bush road identified or does it have a name?

barrski

Hwy 500 something.......better known as the Burchell Lake road, then follow towards Nelson lake, you'll see all the vehicles on the road. Actually I think its hwy 802.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Can't beat sitting in the sun in +15C temps, can yah? CYA Saturday - we'll be the ones BBQing deer steaks. WOOHOO!!!

where ya fishing? i may come say hi and steal some steak.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest Mattyh

You have to enter the lottery and be accepted for a date to attend. However if you get ahold of the MNR I can guarantee there are openings on probably every single day other then the first two. Good Luck.

Ya I entered and got accepted. I just seen someone mention bringing the acceptance letter that's all. I didn't know if we needed to print something out or just go there without it. Thanks for the info tho.

WalleyeWayne

where ya fishing? i may come say hi and steal some steak.

LOL! I will pack a couple extra. Shouldn't be hard to find us just look for my nephew riding the sled around in circles endlessly. You may remember him from when we fished Pass Lake...? HAHA