• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest segabo

Close fishing spots.

Guest segabo

Hi. Just wondering if anyone can tell me of any spots i can try out for walleye that are close to Thunderbay. I have been told of kekabeka near a hydro dam but i dont know how to get there. any help would be great. thanks

Buck 120

The closest place would be the KAm river. if you don't have a boat you can cast right from the dock at the launch. Near Bowater. If you have a boat go up the river a bend or two past the Old Fort.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

mitch

REALLY BOULEVARD???? IVE FISHED THERE MANY TIMES CAUGHT RAINBOW SOME SMALL PERCH BUT NEVER ANY PICKERAL!

Guest Brett S

Boulivard Lake has huge walleye.

do the big walleye there hang out in pretty deep water, like 50 or more feet?

Guest segabo

I sense a little sarcasm there. Thanks buck 120 for the answer. just looking for a place to take the 6 year old nephew out to catch some ish with his new rod.

Guest TerryK

Boulivard Lake has huge walleye.

lol, a Moose with a sence of humor!

Actualy, there are some decent walleye in Boulevard Lake, you just have to know where to find them! heh heh

Try Hazelwood Lake as well. Decent fish but sometimes hard to find. Try along the far shore past the beach. There are 2 points that can produce nice eater size wallys. Late evening is best. Also try along the north shore of the narrows just past the causeway. Tons of nice perch there.

wicabel246

Hazelwood is an awesome place to take the kids. Go to the dock in front of the interpretive centre, and go later in the afternoon, or early evening. I usually go from about 5-just after sundown. simple is best. Use a slip sinker with a small splitshot about 8-10 inches up from the hook. Use a worm at this time of yeay, and just toss it out as far as you can. Than, grab your lawnchair, and relax and wait for the fish. They will grab the bait, and you will see thge fish take line out. Jig and reel in. You can catch walleye, pike, perch, suckers, and ;later in the evening, you might also catch a whitefish or 2.

Take care and have fun. If you go, I'll probably see you there, as that is where I do the majority of my walleye fishing.

Buck 120

Boulevard lake where the current river enters into the lake on the south side. there are some nice pools in that area. Walleye, Speckled trout and Rainbow.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest Brett S

lol, a Moose with a sence of humor!

Actualy, there are some decent walleye in Boulevard Lake, you just have to know where to find them! heh heh

Try Hazelwood Lake as well. Decent fish but sometimes hard to find. Try along the far shore past the beach. There are 2 points that can produce nice eater size wallys. Late evening is best. Also try along the north shore of the narrows just past the causeway. Tons of nice perch there.

In Hazelwood arent u resricted to a 9.9 hp motor or less?

Guest TerryK

In Hazelwood arent u resricted to a 9.9 hp motor or less?

No gas powered motors at allowed in Hazelwood.

Guest Brett S

No gas powered motors at allowed in Hazelwood.

k, thx Terry for clarifing that for me.

Guest Mr. Canoe

Took my canoe out on Hazelwood opening weekend and didn't find any walleye! I may have to try again now that others are saying they are in there. Found some nice perch though...

I don't mind driving far to a great spot sometimes, but I would like to catch some fish closer to town. Especially if I go by myself it's hard to justify all that gas$ to my woman!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Guest Perchman

I've heard that the Neebing may contain Walleye . I've never tried, or would know where to begin. Can anyone confirm this?

Guest Dan

I've heard that the Neebing may contain Walleye . I've never tried, or would know where to begin. Can anyone confirm this?

I've caught Walleye in the Neebing. 1968 under the Cameron Street bridge. Seriously.

Guest Ron

The closest place would be the KAm river. if you don't have a boat you can cast right from the dock at the launch. Near Bowater. If you have a boat go up the river a bend or two past the Old Fort.

Where exactly is this launch near Bowater?

Ron

Cheech

I believe the one near Bowater that everyone mentions is the Montreal St. launch. When you go around the corner going south towards Bombardier ,it's just past the James St. bridge on the left .

Guest Mr. Canoe

I caught a 10inch walleye in the macintyre 2 summers ago while I was playing with the little brookies. Close to the college.

Guest Brett S

I tryed fishing Hazelwood the other day, didnt catch anything though. i dont know if it was me or just bad fishing that day. Does anyone know if the fishing at Wolf Tree Trail Road is still good or is the bite slowing down there?

Guest FishinDude
Hazelwood is an awesome place to take the kids. Go to the dock in front of the interpretive centre, and go later in the afternoon, or early evening. I usually go from about 5-just after sundown. simple is best. Use a slip sinker with a small splitshot about 8-10 inches up from the hook. Use a worm at this time of yeay, and just toss it out as far as you can. Than, grab your lawnchair, and relax and wait for the fish. They will grab the bait, and you will see thge fish take line out. Jig and reel in. You can catch walleye, pike, perch, suckers, and ;later in the evening, you might also catch a whitefish or 2.

Take care and have fun. If you go, I'll probably see you there, as that is where I do the majority of my walleye fishing.

Where do u go to get to the interpretive centre? Because me and my friend went to Hazelwood and went fishing in the shallowest area i believe. So a tip on how to get there would be helpful.

wicabel246

go down hazelwood drive till you come to the causeway. drive past the causeway up the hill and around to the left to the big parking lot. To the left of the parking lot is a drive way, with a gate. Go down that drive till you see the large building. That is the interpretive centre. Go down the hill and there is a dock. Fish off that dock.

Hope this helps. Peter