• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest aanii84

deer North of Nipigon

Guest aanii84

Hey guys,

Looking into some new hunting areas for this fall (Whitetail). I live in the greenstone area and usually travel to the Whitefish Lake area to do my deer hunting, but the travel is getting to be a little much. Looking into possible areas just North of Nipigon, wandering if anyone on the board hunts this area much and could comment on numbers or even how far North reasonable deer numbers exist. Thanks for any info and pm's.

brookiebuster

There was a article in OOD last year that said someone shot a deer in the james bay area!I think it was near Moosonee.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

ghart

Have done tons of work in beardmore/geraldton. I have heard of deer in nakina but very rare. I have seen numerous deer just west of beardmore in the burn. I have also seen alot up camp 72 road - in the burn near one of our mining sites off bish bay lake nipigon. I have never hunted deer in either area but have personally seen them on multiple occasions. if you want specifics you can give me a pm.

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

Jayfishin

Lots of deer between Thunder Bay and Nipigon. (WMU 13) Can be tough to find areas to hunt along the hwy corridor but deer can be had all the way up into WMU 15B from Dog Lake east to the nipigon river. Also deer east of NIpigon in the sw corner of WMU 19. I know quite a few guys who have taken deer while out moose hunting in these areas. Lots of country to hunt, access these areas up the cameron falls, black sturgeon, dorion loop roads. Sorry but that's as detailed as I will get at this time. There are already a fair amount of guys hunting for deer in these areas.

Jay

crazyctr

If you have a good boat zone 14 is loaded with deer. St Ignace Island, Flour Island, Black Bay Peninsula are very good for deer there are not very many hunters out there. there is deer on almost any island out there they stay out there to get away from the wolves. you will need a very good boat to get out there it is around 20 miles from Nipigon marina to St Ignace Island and the Nipigon Staits

hbaits.jpg

Bill Arnott

I'm in Geraldton but lived in Nipigon for 10 years and hunted this area a lot. Be glad to point you in the right direction.

I'm in the book or PM me.

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM