• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Nailed

Are the steelhead in the rivers yet?

Foz

I have never fished steelhead on town, only at Wolf river and Spring creek. i would like to try in town, any suggestions?

unbedable

I'm all for helping people and teaching smart handling, but sometimes people have to help themselves. Just take a read of the earlier posts Foz. Also, try the search button, usually turn up some info on past posts. Lots of it.

And there's always experimenting. Always nice to enjoy fresh air.

Guest TerryK

Just to reiterate some of the information regarding tagging:

The only people collecting scientific data on the McIntyre are four trained members of the NSSA who are named on the MNR permit to collect fish samples. Nobody else is permitted to do so. We've been tagging adult steelhead in the McIntyre for 2 seasons and collecting data for 5 on this current program. What color was the tag? Last year they were blue, this year they are red/orange. You can contact Jon @ 939-3113. He will be more than happy to record the number and he will probably even give you a bit of a life history of that particular fish.

Please PLEASE do not remove the tag if you are releasing the fish. The data possibly gained with future tag reports will be lost. We need the tag to stay on the fish as long as possible. Also keep in mind the 69cm / 27in minimum harvest size on the McIntyre and Neebing rivers.

Guest John Schmidt

I have never fished steelhead on town, only at Wolf river and Spring creek. i would like to try in town, any suggestions?

Any suggestions, this whole forum is about the macintyre river pretty much lol this whole forum is quite helpful..even just seeing that steelhead picture has made me more energized to go out and keep trying, I have never caught a steelhead and to be honest it still doesnt look like im very close at getting one, once I learn to use this new float rod with a spinning reel. Im on foot almost everyday on the Mac from harbor expressway to golf course practicing and practicing and practicing everything from just freespooling line out to controlling my float. Of course im getting frustrated but ino this is the only way to get better. And if you dont find everything you need on here or simply from helpful members on here, i guess the internet will help. Lol ino my goodle search engine has been jammed with "float fishing help" "how to float fish for steelhead" etc HA. But anyways you should feel lucky if you get a chance to be at the wolf river, its a great one, best salmon run around here.

Practice, Practice, Practice. ASK for help, Practice,Practice,Practice.

Anyone who can help me a bit with float fishing please PM me Ha

WalleyeWayne

Any river that empties into Lake Superior will have a steelhead run. The McIntyre, Neebing, McVicars rivers as well as the smaller creeks all along the Lake Superior shoreline from Pebble Beach right up to the Wolf River et al. The Neebing River at the weir (off Edward St) is a good place for beginners. There's room to practice and there's steelhead to be had.