• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

…You might be a Steelheader

Guest Wes

Sometimes I find Jeff Foxworthy funny, but most of the time not.

Anyway I thought it would be fun to see the different things people come up with to indicate they might be a Steelheader.

post-337-0-99453600-1335283209_thumb.jpg

1. If you wake up at the crack of stupid and even before going to the bathroom, you text your friends to find out how the fishing is… You might be a Steelheader.
  2. If you get a text at 5 am asking how the fishing is… you might be a Steelheader.
  3. If your gear costs more than your vehicle…You might be a Steelheader.
  4. If you can justify spending $1.40 a litre to drive 2 hours for a day of river fishing, by yourself… You might be a Steelheader.
  5. If you bring material to tie rigs, instead of a magazine, to the can…You might be a Steelheader.
  6. If you volunteer to go pick up a few things from Safeway just so you can swing by the river for a few drifts…You might be a Steelheader.
  7. If you walk around the office asking non Steelheaders how many fish they caught today…You might be a Steelheader.
  8. If you stand nutz deep in a river in the middle of a blizzard @ 5 am…You might be crazy, but most definitely a Steelheader.
  9. If you get giddy watching your float follow a perfect drift but you catch nothing…You might be a Steelheader.
  10. If you even won a foot race to a fishing hole...You might be a Steelheader and a crafty veteran ta boot.

Enjoy

• Like 2

unbedable

Ha, number 5 is funny!

You might be a steelheader if you know who 'TerryK' is.

When you instantly try to 'read' the water, even if you are looking at your goldfish pond in the back yard.

You might be a steelheader if you never have room in your truck for your girlfriend because your big rod is always in the way ^_^

You might be a steelheader if the amount of time you spend at work thinking about how to next attack a pool exceeds the amount of time actually doing work.

You might be a steelheader if instead of a shower, you have a bath to see how your newly tied flies set up.

....no? Just me?

You might be a steelheader if you read any of Wes's above jokes as tips on how to catch your next steelhead (although I don't think I could tuff out a 5am morning!) .

• Like 1

Fishbum

hahaha...oh so many of these things are true lol

gotta add a couple tho...

1. I f you wake up at 4 am just to get to your river and sit in the truck it daylight cracks you might be a steelheader

2. If you keep spawn in the fridge at work, just so you can hit the rivers on ur way home...might be a steelheader

3. if you find yourself passing on bar nights to stay home and tie roe before it goes bad...your prolly a steelheader

4. if you hoot and holler, and laugh with every fish u hook even if there is nobody to hear you...ya u got problems but ur a steelheader

5. if you find yourself actually setting the hook as your float disappears in your sleep...your a steeelheader

6. if you drive by rivers at the first week of above 0 temps just to still find compleet ice cover, but you had to know your a steelheader

7. if everything you have ( profile pics, screen savers, work pics, pictureframes etc) are steelhead pics..your a steelheader

8. if you tie spawn you got from a buddy in the hotel on a out of town work trip...your a steelheader

9. if you find yourself breakin ice out of a pool so you can drift it later...your a steelheader

10. if your wishing it was steelhead season yr round, and hold your rod when its getting close just to get the feel..your definatly a steelheader!

Guest Wes

When you instantly try to 'read' the water, even if you are looking at your goldfish pond in the back yard.

You might be a steelheader if instead of a shower, you have a bath to see how your newly tied flies set up.

....no? Just me?

I laughed out loud at both of these.

If you ever googled ways to keep your eyes from freezing up...You might be a steelheader.

If you can go to a pool loaded with suckers and still catch Steel...You might be a steelheader.

If you plan the birth of both of your children after the steelhead season...You might be a steelheader. (#2 coming in August. HA!)

If you ever set a goal of 100 steelhead from 1 river...You might be a steelheader.

• Like 1

Chuck

And if you and your friend hook 80 fish in 6 hrs Your a Steelheading God

Git "er done

Guest Beamer

The comments above pretty much cover this sickness these pictures confirm it and yes Wes that is you in the one P4160158.jpg

randy2011_2.jpg

If your day begins and ends before any one else arrives @ Central ave you might be a steeheader

if you convince yourself -12 is a comfortable steelheading temperature you might be a steelheader

if you look at the shrimp ring in the fridge as a new option for bait you might be a steelheader

if you stay up all night picking worms you might be a steelheader

if you begin to like the odor of jam balls you might be a steelheader

if passengers in your truck complain of the smell and you think it is fine you might be a steelheader

if you have tailing gloves drying on your truck rack you might be a steelheader

It is a sickness get out while you can

km_tb

If you fill the bathtub for the sole purpose of watching your new float trot.....You might be a Steelheader.

If you explore the river on the hottest and lowest water summer day looking for contours that may hold fish come April.....You might be a Steelheader

If you hold a fish more delicately than your infant child.....You might be a Steelheader

If you have thrown out food stored in your freezer to make room room for spawn.....You might be a Steelheader

If you have nearly rear ended a car because you were checking the banks of the Mac while crossing the bridge on Central.....You might be a Steelheader

If you have called in sick, only to come in the next day with a visible sunglasses tan.....You might be a Steelheader

If your car was broken in to and you are more pissed about your stolen polarized sunglasses than your house/mail keys.....You might be a Steelheader

If your profile picture on Facebook is of you and a fish, instead of you and your significant other.....You might be a Steelheader

If you are out Walleye fishing and are thinking about Steelhead fishing.....You might be a Steelheader

• Like 2

PRO V

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...............Some great stuff guys

Mike

fishman1

if your stairs have cleat marks from your wading boots because you forgot your roe and stumbled down to the fridge to get it, you are a metal head. if you snag your feet on daichi 2550 while walking around the house, you are a metalhead, if you cut the milk bag with scissors and find that it tastes like roe, you are a metalhead, if your loomis is worth more than your old ladys wedding ring, you are a metalhead, if you sleepwalk with your simms on, you are a metalhead, if you drink beer till god knows what hour, and go straight to the river, you are DEFINITELY a metalhead! keep your hooks sharp brothers!

• Like 1

Chuck

I used the shrimp ring .....Dang

Git "er done

Guest Wes

Beamer, I remember that day. A wee bit nippy out I'd say. Look at Terry. You can see him thinkin..."hmmmmmm so thats how you do it." As he is watching me fight that fish. HA!

Castnblast

If your work day looks anything like Darren's...you are a steelheader.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkjJUacm10

Bullshark

If you get to a river at dark-thirty in the morning and don't leave till half-past-dark at night...yer a steelheader

If you talk to the fish more than any person...yer a steelheader

If your rod is bigger than the rods' of other types of fisherman...yer a steelheader

If you hook a fish and look around you to make sure that nobody's watching cause you don't want them to crowd you...yer a steelheader

If you got up this morning, caught fish and your tailing glove got frozen to a rock...you've got a problem

If you are reading this while making rigs for tomorrow...it's too late for you

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Guest TerryK

Beamer, I remember that day. A wee bit nippy out I'd say. Look at Terry. You can see him thinkin..."hmmmmmm so thats how you do it." As he is watching me fight that fish. HA!

Har! I'm actually thinking about how good a job I did teaching a very challenging student (you) all my secrets. You're welcome. :P

PS: I believe I was already into half a dozen that morning before I let you swamp people into the run for a few drifts.

Guest TerryK

If your work day looks anything like Darren's...you are a steelheader.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkjJUacm10

Jeff: I remember Darren as a young kid roaring up and down the McIntyre (among other places) and he always had a passion that was unequaled by anyone I knew. He's come a loooong way and is living his dream. Good stuff.