• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Eye Guy

What's the weirdest thing you've ever caught?

Guest Eye Guy

Inspired by Beamer talking about catching his dog, and 12Many talking about catching his transducer, trolling motor, boat carpet, etc, I started thinking, what's the weirdest thing I've ever caught.

I once landed a rock. Fishing on a small lake near Sioux Lookout I actually landed a rock. It was round and about 3 inches wide. It had a little crack in it that my hook got lodged in, and up it came.

My buddy once caught the back of his own head. He was casting a daredevil and had about three or four feet of line hanging when he casted. It hooked straight into the back of his head.

How about you guys. Anyone caught anything goofy?

Lyle Reiner

I was shore casting raps, my friend got bored and decided she was going to stop fishing. Her rod was sitting on the rocks and I hooked the tip of her rod, casted it out into the river haha. Ended up going swimming for it!!!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

TroutHunter

i've caught a few clams and crayfish before... i once casted the top half of my 2 piece rod into the lake (must have forgot to check how tight it was) and reeled it back in...

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Antonio

My brother caught me once when we were kids haha

By far the strangest though has been a dead sucker, using a jitterbug I got into a snag and jerked it out really hard and found a dead sucker stuck on the hook through the stomach, it reeked.

Heisenberg

HUGE snapping turtle (it thankfully snapped the line) and a seagull. Reeled in the gull , threw my jacket over it and got my Rapala back.

H.

Guest Eye Guy

My dad caught a seagull once too. Line was wrapped around it's leg, but he landed him though. Good thing there was a pair of leather golves in the boat. I put that on and let him clamp his beak on my hand while dad unwrapped him and let him go. He took off in a straight line as far from the boat as we could see. He might still be going - and that was about 20 years ago...LOL.

Guest mnaiman

When I was real young, I went on my first backcountry speck fishing trip with my dad north of Eliot Lake. We were camping on a rocky point, and decided to float a few worms off bottom to see if we could possibly entice a Laker. Another group camping near us had a fish finder, and told us that just off the point, it went down to 70 ft., about a cast off shore. We set our lines, anchored them in some rocks and started making dinner. A little while later one of us noticed the rod bouncing and I rushed down to she shore to set the hook, Seconds into the fight I noticed loon darting around frantically way out in the middle of the lake. It was shaking its head and torpedoing around in circles. At first we were dumbfounded... but as I reeled in the line, it became evident that this loon was about to spool me. It had taken a worm off bottom in no less than 60 feet. We cranked the drag, and brought it in as close as possible. No hook was visible, nor did we want to get any where near a pissed off full frown loon. We cut the line and called it quits for fishing that day. I must have been about 8 years old at the time at it has stuck with me since. It was a horrible experience, but I have greatly appreciated those birds ever since.

- Max

Guest torks

seagull ice fishing, rod after droping it to the bottom of the lake, and walleye off plain black jig head with no bait this past weekend.

Lineguy

Ice fishing for some Brookies and ended up hooking a Muskrat...Thought I had a monster Brookie fighting under the ice, until I reeled him up the hole. He came up head first set his little paws on the ice and just looked at me. I cut the line and he spun around and down he went...

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

A.F. & A.M.

fisherdude

I caught a full bottle of beer one time, got my jig right under one of the corners on the cap... And yes I drank it after lol

• Like 1

ghart

6 lb lobster... landed

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

Thefishleclair

It wasnt me but I have heard of a guy catching a Stinger of walleyes outta whitefish.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Headhunter

I caught a sock in the mac pool off central this year... A white one. A bunch of old fishing nets in NWT full of dead rotten fish. But the weirdest would have to be a diaper back near sault ste Marie.

eddylives

The weirdest thing I ever caught was in the Black Sturgeon R just below the dam about 8 yrs ago.

After casting into the fast water above a pool there I felt a solid hit......and dragged in a cleaned fish carcass lol just a head spine and tail lmao.

My buddy was so pissed off when he had been catching nothing all day "you even catch the dead ones" he grumbled lmao

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

dogboy33

I dropped my net off the boat at Athelstaine and I went back 3 weeks later I thought I hooked a huge one, turns out it was net.

Guest Smack Um

Once when I was a kid fishing at Cloud Lake I lifted my stringer of Rock Bass out of the water and there was a mink holding on to it hissing bloody murder at me... "That kinda freaked me out"! :blink:

Castnblast

I,ve got a couple...

Caught a bait casting rod with a new Curado on it....through a hole in the ice on whitefish lake.

Caught the rod and reel my step father lost 3 years prior on Harmon.

My buddy caught a massive snapping turtle near atikokan. Brought it right to the side of the boat. Awesome freaky pre-historic creature!

And the weirdest....and most grim... burlap sac full of drown puppies on Hazelwood Lake in 1973. I was like 11 years old.

whoaaa...still scarred over that one!

NorthwestHunter

Two summers ago while jigging for walleye, I caught 2 ice fishing combos tangled together. Im guessing they fell off of someones sleigh and they couldn't find them in the snow or didn't notice, then they sank once spring came....either that or the snowmobile is beside them! :mellow:

Turns out I caught my personal best walleye that day too.

But by far the weirdest thing I've ever heard being caught is when my Dad was fishing at the Seine River dam in the 80's and caught a kids wallet who had drown there the previous year....spooky. :unsure:

post-1164-0-27590100-1337910905_thumb.jp

post-1164-0-48703600-1337910940_thumb.jp

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Guest Headhunter

And an otter while smelt fishing. Tiny little channel, didn't know it was there till I pulled the net up. One of the fiercest animals I have ever been around!

Guest Smack Um

Two summers ago while jigging for walleye, I caught 2 ice fishing combos tangled together. Im guessing they fell off of someones sleigh and they couldn't find them in the snow or didn't notice, then they sank once spring came....either that or the snowmobile is beside them! :mellow:

Turns out I caught my personal best walleye that day too.

But by far the weirdest thing I've ever heard being caught is when my Dad was fishing at the Seine River dam in the 80's and caught a kids wallet who had drown there the previous year....spooky. :unsure:

Dandy catch Northwest Hunter and beautiful country thanks for sharing . I've never fished it but I'm guessing the mystery lake in the pics is......... "Obonga Lake"? :)

James01

It wasnt me but I have heard of a guy catching a Stinger of walleyes outta whitefish.

Ha ha ha... more than a few years back I was fishing with a friend and his father on Whitefish, and during a flurry of fish catching activity my friend dropped our stringer full of Walleye into the lake. We never retrieved it, partly because his father did not see it happen and my friend did not want to admit to his father what had happened - he felt a little foolish. I wonder...

I have caught rocks, clams, fishing gear, the boat, my father's t-shirt (I was 10 or so, and he was in the t-shirt at the time), and while fly fishing I once caught the road 10-15 yards behind me.

While guiding on Lac Seul I caught a rod a fellow guide lost the year before.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

thefisher

caught a curling iron in the current river hahaha, or a seagul took off flying with our flashers

shmanks

caught a rusty old folding camping chair I thought I was pulling in a body at first cuz of the flannel on the chair

Bullshark

For birds I've caught pelicans, frigates, terns and gulls.

Two turtles, one little was a small green turtle and the other was a real big green turtle.

Hooked a few dolphins (the stupid "shark look-a-likes") but I can't even slow them down. They are some of the powerful things I've ever had on.

Oh, I caught a 5 dollar bill at the Kam boat launch, that was the last time I ever fished there. I don't think I got any fish that day.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.