• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bwkre

Cloud Lake

bwkre

My oldest daughter and I spent the day at Cloud Lake to try some fishing. I must say " What a well kept launch". Very clean, couple of picnic tables, an outhouse, ample parking, and a really nice launch. Thumbs up to the group that maintains this launch. As for the fishing? One small pike, no keepers. My first visit to Cloud Lake so we were sort of all over the place. Maybe a little early but still a fun day. Any one know what the bass conditions are like there? I've heard good and bad?

brookiebuster

I have'nt been to Cloud in a few years.Used to catch some decent sized bass and the odd walleye.Ive heard that the fishing has gone downhill in there.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Smack Um

I think the fishing at Cloud Lake isn't what it use to be the lake has suffered in recent years from over fishing, insufficient drainage and too many camps on the lake have also had a negative affect on this lake.

If I'm not mistaken there was a blob in this lake last year and the year before probably the result of discharge from septic fields from the camps which may or may not be up to code.

If you are after Small Mouth Bass I think that I would give some other area lakes a shot here's a few: Round Table Lake, Arrow Lake, Rose Lake, Lake Lenore & Lake Marie Louise.

I've caught some really nice bass in Lake Marie Louise in Sibley Provincial Park I think it's just over looked because we have so many other good bass lakes around town. ^_^

bwkre

Thanks for the replies guys. I heard about that blob, think it was in a previous post from last year. I've done lots of bass fishining in Lake Marie Louise, it's been good, 2.5-3 lb. Lots of worms in the bigger ones, and I don't keep any over 3 lbs. I've only been fishing for a couple years & was hoping to find some action a little closer to town, so I thought I would try Cloud Lake. My second choice was Lake Lenore, maybe next weekend. Is there a public launch there?

By the way, anyone headed to Sleeping Giant, be advised that they are repairing the bridge at Blende River, (just by the tressel ?). Down to one lane with traffic lights for the next couple months.

WalleyeWayne

Go back to Cloud Lake when the afternoons get too sunny and hot to fish walleye - then you will have fun hauling bass in that lake. Fish it for sport - not substance!

CoryCo

I have only been to cloud once, it a nice lake. Can't really chime in on the fishing since I got skunked.

Guest jackfish pete

For tactics Cloud lake seems to be a little backwards. I catch walleye in the weeds near shore and bass when trolling live bait further out. I haven't been there in the summer for two years though. Lenore Lake has taken its place for me.

rhino

windigoostigon (not sure of the spelling) but its loaded with bass..

Guest bludwigs

I've caught a lot of bass out of cloud past summers.....I've taken notice though that the bass there have those parasites that bury themselves under the scales of the fish... If you want the monster walleye out of there though I agree, it needs to be a hot and getting toward sundown.

NWO

Cloud used to be an amazing fishery for the size of the lake. Tons of big bass. Trophy walleye.

Now, something has happened there that has staggered the fishery. One summer I recall the lake bottom covered in slime, weeds were covered in it too. I saw a big 30' wide disc of blue-green algae on the bottom, in the shallows. I've heard of smelt crashes, rusty crayfish, and swampy/over-enriched water being other factors. I have seen large bass in there look like they are starving.....nothing but skin and bone. I haven't caught a big bass there in about 3 years.....nothing but 14-15 inchers now. Not one incidental walleye either.

I'd love for some government agency to go out there and see what's up, but not sure anyone is paid to monitor such things.

Not sure if the camp-association has put out any requests to see what is up either.

No matter what the case or cause, it's a shame.

bwkre

Amazing how we humans can have such an effect on our environment.

WalleyeWayne

Scan the shoreline on Cloud Lake and guess how many of those lawns got to be rich green and weed-free? Plus all the enbankments and lakeside structures can't help. A few years back I think a fishing show was filmed on that lake (it wasn't planned but Bowman & Co got sidetracked) and they were pounding walleye in good numbers and big size...?

NWO

Scan the shoreline on Cloud Lake and guess how many of those lawns got to be rich green and weed-free? Plus all the enbankments and lakeside structures can't help. A few years back I think a fishing show was filmed on that lake (it wasn't planned but Bowman & Co got sidetracked) and they were pounding walleye in good numbers and big size...?

I think Fish'n Canada was first there around 2004 or 2005. I started to see problems there around 3 or 4 summers ago......just a steady decline. Then we started seeing the super skinny bass and weren't catching any hogs anymore, which were dime-a-dozen there. Cloud was a real gem.....now, barely worth the trip.

WalleyeWayne

If Fish'n Canada was that Pete Bowman (a.k.a. Walters & Ike the Pike - LOL!) guy with the two Italian fellows then that was them. The last time I fished Cloud Lake was shortly after watching that show. Hooked bass....but alas no "walters".