• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Selling a Rifle

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Hi guys and girls, I'm thinking of selling one of my rifles to help finance the purchase of a new shotgun, but was just curious what exactly you need to do to sell a firearm now that the registry is kaput. Thanks,

Cale

brookiebuster

Make sure the buyer has a PAL.I think thats all you need now.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest shabaz

My understanding is that the sellers obligation is to have no reason to believe that the buyer can not legally purchase a firearm. Due dilligence in my opinion, would be to ask for a valid PAL. The Rcmp hasn't yet updated their website with the new legislation but I'm sure you could give them a call to inquire about this further. With no registration there is no longer any way for them to track private sales so you could technically sell it to anybody. They have put the onus on us hunters and sport shooters to be mindful of whom we are dealing with. What are you selling? I'm always looking for new rifles, much to the dismay of my wife.

CharlieAlphaLimaEcho

Ok, thanks a lot guys. Selling a new model Marlin 336 (30-30 Win.) with camo sling, weaver quad-lock rings, fixed 4 power scope and less than 20 rounds through it; hardly even broken in. Half box of core-lokt's and half box of LeverEvolution kicked in just 'cuz. Asking $425, all reasonable offers considered. Sells bare for $500.00 before taxes, so I'd consider this a pretty good deal. PM for more info or look here http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=336W. Thanks,

Cale