• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest kathntharon

Public Launch Dog Lake?

Guest kathntharon

Can anyone tell me if there is a public launch to access dog lake? We know that we can pay a fee to launch at Dog Lake Resort, but its a bit steep! Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thefishleclair

Yup, Up at the Power Dam on Silver Falls Road, There is a Ministry Launch there. Also up on East Bay up Spruce river road...

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest kathntharon

Great thanks! Is the road to get to the public launch decent? Driving to dog lake resort was BRUTAL!

Guest kathntharon

Another question...is the launch still being used and maitained by ministry? Also, when you launch at either of this points, are you actually ending up on dog lake or another lake?? Thanks in advance for any info!

Thefishleclair

Yer on Dog lake. If you are looking for Walleye I suggest the East Bay launch.....Have 4X4 as the sand can get a little nasty when trying to pull out yer boat if its a heavy one.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

bwkre

There is also a launch in Hawke bay, south end of Dog Lake. Follow HWY 591, good road and a nice launch. It is on Glibride Rd. about half mile from Bolduc Bay Rd. You can see it on Google earth, even the vehicles & trailers if you go in street view!

Guest jrcw

The easiest access and best launch is the Gilbride road one in Hawk Bay. Right off the pavement. Lots of parking.

Lyle Reiner

The easiest access and best launch is the Gilbride road one in Hawk Bay. Right off the pavement. Lots of parking.

I drove that whole stretch, right to silver falls road. Didn't see a launch. Can you help me out?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

fisherdude

It's right after the road at bold iv bay if I'm not mistaken... I think there's a big power box type deal at the turn... It's not marked as a launch it's just got a number... If I'm correct

Guest kathntharon

We launched just beside the beach silver falls....decent launch...fishing wasn't great in that end however. What is the best suggestion for fishing walleye on dog lake? Where on dog lake to fish?