• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Reiner

Salmons?

Lyle Reiner

Hey guys, I was down at Alexander the other day on my way home from Frazer, and I saw a few boats fishing, but no huge salmon breeching. Are they up that way yet? or are we still about 2 weeks out?

• Like 1

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Some Old Guy

There should be some in there.

But I don't know for sure.

I leave them all alone so they can spawn and multiply so there will be "salmons" in the river for years to come.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bullshark

We are supposed to get some rain this weekend so that will help kick start the fish.

There is a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

eyelander

I do not think we are 2 weeks out, the salmon are almost residents in the river all year long. A few guys I know catch them there all summer. Not lots of them, but occasional catches. The Chinooks should be starting about now. Coho's a month later. But I do not fish the Nipigon River, it is a different fishery from what I am used to(I do not have the boat or equipment to fish it properly), so I can only comment on my experiences on much smaller rivers fishing off shore with a spinning rod.

I really do not target the Chinooks, just Coho's once or maybe twice in the fall.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

WalleyeWayne

The 3rd week of August is typically when the 1st serious run of Chinooks begins. If it's foggy and damp on the Nipigon River in August...it's time to start long-lining for salmon!

kbrest

Late response, but yes they are in the river at this time. Landed a 17lb female yesterday, snapped a photo and released. Gotta let a female that big go to spawn that many eggs. Try a J-14 Fire Tiger Rapala, people keep saying they do not work there, but thats all I've ever caught on, and I have caught every time!

Thefishleclair

got 7 of them in my box!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

kbrest

Ill be posting a picture of my 17lb Sunday catch soon, I think its worthy of the the Salmon catch album! haha

McGinnis_Fishing

What shape are the salmon in right now?

Thefishleclair

Pretty good

Saw lots Jumpin, Lost some and missed some, Boated 1! LOL

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

kbrest

great shape actually, Mine was still pretty light, a lot of people on the Nipigon had boated smaller 4-6 pounders that were actually still pretty silver. After the derby this weekend though is when I notice they get darker.

thefisher

Let's see the pic! Want to get pumped for fishing there this weekend haha

Lyle Reiner

Sam, why get pumped, your just gunna bail anyway ;)

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

kbrest

thefisher:

haha I'll be posting it soon, hope you did well on the Nipigon this weekend, personally you wouldn't catch me on that river during the Nipigon fall fish festival, too many boats, too many cut lines by ignorant people. Ive seen people jump into other boats and fight people! lol but I hope you had some luck.

thefisher

haha that sounds pretty crazy!!!... didnt go last weekend headin up there to fish Sat and Sun! Hopefully hammmer the salmon ^_^ going to stock up on some raps @ d&r friday woo hoo

canadianyanke

theres another salmon derby on saturday so be prepared for lots of boats

kbrest

Make sure you Get the J-14 fire tiger Raps, D/R might be out, but I know Rockwood Bait/Tackle had the J-14's in, my dad just went again this week, nailed 3 more on the fire tiger, best rap ever made.

canadianyanke

And some good ole fashion boat fights......I'm coming for you yank.....narrows at 9

I FEESH DERE

haha bring it cocks