• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
randomheroj

Trail cameras

randomheroj

Hey I'm looking into buying some trail cameras what's everyone recommend

milspec

private property or crown land?

eddylives

Find the ones that hook to the cell service and e mail the picture when taken.

That way you know who you are looking for when they go missing lol

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

milspec

Spypoint, I think has the most safisticated technology as far as theft proof goes, but their coverage is only in southern ontario unfortunately. I think one of their cameras has a build in GPS tracker, so if someone steals it you can go to their home and "ask" for it back.

Anyways,a friend of mine suggested the Moultrie M80. Its affordable and runs on AA batteries (longer run time).

levi64

moultrie M80... awesome. Great night pics and day pics. AA batteies. I '\ve been using it for a month and no problems. Very good trigger speed.

milspec

Thats good know I plan on picking up a few of those.

brookiebuster

I have a Bushnell Trophy cam.Its a sweet little camera.I was also looking at a Spypoint tiny w20(I thinks thats the name).It has a receiver with a sd card you can put 250feet away from the cam incase of it being stolen.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

milspec

If spypoint's gps tracking service was provided in Northwestern Ontario, I'd be all over that.

milspec

With a bit more research I was able to pin point a great camera for hunting crownland or any land for that matter, the big benefit of this unit is it's "black box" receiver which receives all photos and video files over 50 meters away from the original camera. This promotes less scent left near the camera as well as capturing images of clueless thieves. Spypoint Tiny-W 2012.

http://www.spypoint....eras/TINY-W.php

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijexSlacRp0&feature=player_embedded

Mr. Canoehead

Yeah someone just stole my moultrie cam...looks like im in the market for one with more "security" features. Does anyone know of one with a built in tracker that will work in TBay area, or is that just not possible? Because I sure wish I could find out who has my trail cam right now...me and some friends would be giving some POS a nasty wake up call right about now...

Mr. Canoehead

Ok I will answer my own question here. There are gps tracking devices available out there but they are worth more than the trail cam itself. Therefore it is only worth it if you are more interested in hunting thieves rather than deer. After pondering that for a while i decided to stick with deer because they smell better!

• Like 1