• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjaws

Surplus Moose Tags (Phone Call in) ?

Guest jjaws

I have a question about the call/in for surplus moose tags . Did anyone in thunder bay/rainey/kenora/nipigon/etc... area get any of the surplus tags ? I phoned for the 4hrs it was on for and did not get thought (had 5 different lines available to use) (over 1500 calls). I have talked to several different people (used several different lines too) and they did not get thought either . The busy sound was like the phone lines were jammed up (not a normal busy signal).

Next day I got though at 12noon apox. the girl I talked to said that it got real busy at the END of the draw ?????????

Travis Schallock

There is a problem with the way surplus tags system is set up, however the MNR says it is not their problem. The way that Bell has the phone system set up is that southern ontario area codes take precedent over the north, they are more importnat you know. SO the MNR knows about it but hasn't come up with a more fair way to do it.

What I do is get set up with a southern call center and get them to dial in, using a southern area code. Works great, get through right away and get your choice of available tags. We got 2 tags within 20 min this year, another last year(only tried for 1), but prior to that and knowing how the system worked we would be lucky to get through at all, just like you are saying

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

Jayfishin

Interesting, my cousin and his buddy from Midland seem to get through each fall to grab an extra cow tag each year for our group.

Jay

Thefishleclair

WTF????? If this is True this is just another way of the South gettin the paws into our cookie jar!

Something needs to be done for us in the North!!! 9 Years for me so far and no TAG!!!!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

milspec

well at least I know this now.

Guest jjaws

Travis & Jayfishin, Well maybe next year !!!!!!!

I do have friends in Southern Ont. (Sault Ste. Marie-south) that I maybe (will) be able to ask to do that if it is ok (legal) to do that .

It does not sound like it is ?

What does the MNR think about that ?? (Would be nice to know ?)

Or maybe more people should show their dislike (contempt) for the way the system is handled .

That is the way we got the northern ontario resident (5%) included in the tag draw.

I have received one the first year that it was done.

Which was quite a surprise for me.

FishOrDie

Moose draw "Lottery"

What a joke! How can there be surplus tags for WMU's when people pool 1 choice 1 didn't get one?

How does the draw work? Where does it take place? Who is responsible.

Guest jjaws

Well there has been 293 views as of now . DID anyone in northern ontario (northwest of the Sault st Marie) get a tag on the phone in for surplus tags (Or know of anyone that received a tag) . ????

Buck 120

My buddy (lives in Thunder Bay) hunts with guys from southern ontario. He did not get through. One of the guys from Southern Ont got through and got a tag.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Jayfishin

Well my understanding of the lottery is as follows:

Guaranteed group size - if you meet this number with group one entries then your group gets a tag, all group members are then removed.

Next -if tags in that wmu remain after the initial draw - then the next group size smaller gets first dibs on these tags. All group members removed if successful.

Next - if tags in that wmu remain after second draw - then all remaining group one entries (group and singles) get thrown into the draw. When an individual is drawn then they check if he was part of a group and then all of those others are also removed. This is supposedly how it proceeds until all tags are gone.

There are a percentage that are removed for northern resident draw as well.

So I agree, how can there be surplus tags in a wmu if there were unsuccessful group one entrants??

I posted this question in previous fall hunt forums but never could get a straight answer.

Now don't get me wrong, our group plays the game each year for archery and we do as expected playing the guaranteed group size draws, but the surplus part is still a puzzle?

Jay

Guest jjaws

Sorry that I may have been misinterpeted . I just want to know if anyone in northern ontario (west of Sault st marie) got a surplus tag by the phone in ? I know of about 25-30 people that tried and all they got was a busy system tone on the phone (none had got through!!). I personally had 5 lines calling and did not get through (just the system busy tone). I do know and understand the way the draw is to be done (as it may be wright or wrong ?) ,but this is not what I am asking. Just if anyone knows of anyone that got a tag by the phone in from NORTHERN ontario !!!!

Dale Gaudry

Last year the lines opened up at 5:30 and I had a surplus tag at 5:37. That was the first time I've ever called. This year I called for 4hours strait (500-600 try's) and never got through.

Pro Staff for LOWRANCE