• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ralphthedog

Lake Marie Louise at Sibley

ralphthedog

We are heading out to Sibley for the weekend, and am wondering if there are any fish in Lake Marie Louise. We have a waterfront lot, so I can try offshore, or in my canoe. I would like my little guy (3 years) to catch his first fish.

Any 'hot spots'??

Thanks.

Guest canuck

We have caught bass from the dock at the boat launch but have not tried anywhere else simply because we did not have a boat in the past.

gone fishin'

I have no personal experience, but have been told that perch and possible panfish are easy to catch off the dock.

Jayfishin

We have caught bass from the dock at the boat launch but have not tried anywhere else simply because we did not have a boat in the past.

We have caught bass out of a canoe at the west end of the lake, left from boat launch dock looking at lake.

Jay

Guest Dan

I caught a 9 and a 9 1/2 lb. Walleye there from shore just north of the main beach on a May long weekend a few years back. 35 years to be exact. I was 14 years old at the time. I kept both of them, because that's what you did in those days. One is on my wall to this day. The park staff had never heard of a Walleye caught there at the time. Has anyone caught any Walleye there lately? Or in the past? I remember walking down the crowded beach carrying these two huge Walleye. Man, I got lots of attention that day. A day I'll never forget.

ralphthedog

Thanks for the replies. I'm very excited about getting my little buddy out fishing. I went out and bought some bobbers today. I can't wait!!! All I need now are some worms......YEEHAAA!!

Guest Brett S

Lake Marie Louise has some pretty good bass fishing. ive caught a couple in the three pound area out of there and ive only fished there afew times. if you look straight off the dock you will see a point on the other side of the lake if u can get there in a canoe go there. theres alot of weeds to the right and a big rocky outcrop that extends of the point more to the right, i picked up a couple nice ones there last year. straight off the dock there is a huge weed bed that extends a long ways, try trolling through it on the way to the point, my dad lost a pretty big one in there last year. if your going in a canoe be careful the waves can get pretty big there. good luck!

Master Baiter

Well I remember as a little guy catching tons of Perch from the dock!!! Heck ya could even look down between the boards on the dock and see them swimming around our worms and hooks, and watchem hit the hooks!! It was a lot of fun.....not many big ones though!

Have fun

Mike

If your not a Master Baiter, you'll never pull the big one!!

th_logo_teamnosa.jpg th_NSSAlogo.gif

crisop

lots of nice sized perch in the winter, that's the only time i've fished there. off to the right if your on the beach

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest Dan

I am curious. Has anyone ever caught or heard of anyone catching a Walleye there before? I know that it was quite a novelty when I caught mine that fateful day. Did I catch the last two Walleye from Louise? They were both males by the way.

Guest Big Moose

I've got family that live out in rear end ake oops Pass Lake and have spent quite a bit of time out there and have heard of some wallys being caught out there I'll ask my bro if he's been this year.

Later

ralphthedog

Well, we didn't catch anything other than a seagull.

They told us no live bait, including worms, so in all honesty, we didn't really try either. Don't think a 3 year old has the patience to cast spinner baits for a few hours....

Patrick Brian

I’ve paid the money to fish on Black bay and I’ve fished on Marie Louise.  I’d take Marie Louise over black bay any day of the week! The perch are bigger and more plentiful! Have caught quite a few perch 14” plus there. You just gotta know where to find them!

• Like 1

MetalFishing
On 1/6/2019 at 5:59 AM, Patrick Brian said:

I’ve paid the money to fish on Black bay and I’ve fished on Marie Louise.  I’d take Marie Louise over black bay any day of the week! The perch are bigger and more plentiful! Have caught quite a few perch 14” plus there. You just gotta know where to find them!

My buddies and I went there for five days years ago. Five lines in the water; all we got was a hangover

bwkre
On 7/7/2007 at 7:09 PM, ralphthedog said:

They told us no live bait, including worms, so in all honesty, we didn't really try either. Don't think a 3 year old has the patience to cast spinner baits for a few hours....

Regs say " use and possession of baitfish prohibited ". Correct me if I.m wrong but I don't think worms are baitfish. Sounds more like whom ever told you was misinformed and most likely didn't have any authority to question it.

I've never seen or caught a bigger perch there, lots of smallmouth and limited numbers of pike. Was on the water almost every weekend last summer.

OldWalter

I don’t see anywhere in the regs that says no live bait for either Sleeping Giant Provincial Park or Lake Marie Louise. Does someone want to reference the exact page for this exception in the reg so I don’t  make the mistake of taking minnows if I go there .

bwkre

The regulation is contained in the park plan found here,

https://www.ontario.ca/page/sleeping-giant-provincial-park-management-plan

Section 7.1.8 Fisheries states,

"Sport fishing is permitted in the park, although the use and possession of baitfish is prohibited in park waters, with the exception of Lake Superior. All fishing activity will be subject to the policies and regulations of the Ontario Fishing Regulations. The park superintendent may take steps to restrict sport fishing at certain times and locations for the purposes of fisheries management and/or public safety.

Stocking of native species is allowed in development and natural environment zones. Rehabilitation of degraded fish habitat may occur.

Commercial fishing and commercial bait fishing are prohibited in park waters, with the exception of the waters of Lake Superior (NE3 zone), where commercial fishing is an existing use and is permitted to continue."

CountDupu
On 1/8/2019 at 10:47 PM, bwkre said:

Regs say " use and possession of baitfish prohibited ". Correct me if I.m wrong but I don't think worms are baitfish. Sounds more like whom ever told you was misinformed and most likely didn't have any authority to question it.

I've never seen or caught a bigger perch there, lots of smallmouth and limited numbers of pike. Was on the water almost every weekend last summer.

Worms do not fall under baitfish the list is on page 19-20 of the reg book.