• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gone8to1248

Another Creature Being Born On The Work Bench

Gone8to1248

Here it where it starts: Cooler Master HAF X Case

>DSCN0709.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

Gone8to1248

Now lets give it some power: Corsair 750 Gold Modular Power Pack

DSCN0711.jpg

Gone8to1248

Here we add some extra cooling to the AMD FX 8150 8 core unlocked processsor. The small fan next to the board sitting there is the old stock fan that I replaced with the Cooler Master V8

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0719.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

Gone8to1248

Now lets add 16 gigs of Corsair Vengence Ram:

DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

Gone8to1248

Now we place the motherboard into it's new home.

DSCN0723.jpg

Gone8to1248

Now we add a HIS Radeon 6870 iceQ Video Card and start to wire in some power.

DSCN0725-1.jpg

DSCN0727.jpg

Gone8to1248

Now we stick in a couple of hard drives for the initial start up. The Boot Drive will be Corsairs 240 gig GT SSD (Solid State Drive) ( or C Drive) Not Show but will be added in after intial start up is a Corsair 120gig GT SSD working dive where I'll be working off of and store my user programs ( drive D). The storage drive is a Western Digital Black 1.0T Sata Drive ( drive E)

DSCN0728.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

Gone8to1248

Now we put in a DVD-CD Burner Player for loading our programs. Plextor PX 880SA

DSCN0730-1.jpg

Gone8to1248

For extra cooling within the case the original fans were removed and bigger LED Red fans were installed along with some optional fans.

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

Gone8to1248

Because I'll be running multiple video cards in AMD CrossFireX there is an added support bracket with an extra cooling fan installed to help support the weight and take the strain off of the motherboard.

DSCN0731-1.jpg

Gone8to1248

This panel shown is inside of the case and is for using HOT SWAP Drives from the front panel. That is were I'll slide in extra hard drives for doing my system back-ups to. They don't need to be hard wired in, just plug them in and go.

DSCN0713.jpg

Gone8to1248

At this point I startted to clean up the wireing and tying it off to make things neater. There are covers that will fit over the Power Supply and cables so they won't be seen when finished. The back side panel covers the wireing that comes thru and gets plugged in to the drives and optical devices.

DSCN0727.jpg

DSCN0732-1.jpg

Some Old Guy

Wow!

I was just reading... Sounds like quite the machine.

Now I just gotta sit back and wait for the pictures to load up!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Gone8to1248

I'm presently awaiting new SATA 6Gig cables and wire adapters so I can finish wirieng everything in. Once everything is wired in I'll load up the operating system which will be Windows 7 Proffesional 64bit and tweak out the operating sytem and motherboard. It is best to only have hooked up the basics while doing the install for updateing and upgrading the software and Bios Firmware and getting the proper settings set for the system I want to run. Just about everything on this is SATA3 6gig speed with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. When completed here is what It will be:

Cooler Master HAF X case

Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard

AMD FX 8150 8core unlocked BullDozer Processor

16 Gig Corsair Vengence Ram Matched

HIS Radeon 6870 iceQ X2 Video Cards in CrossFireX

Plextor PX 880SA DVD-CD Reader/Writers X2

Blu Ray Burner-- Brand not chosen yet

Corsair GT 240gig SSD Boot drive

Corsair GT 120 gig SSD Working drive

Western Digital Black 1.0T Storage drive

Wester Digital Black 500gig Hot Swap drives X2

Corsair 750watt Gold Modular Power Supply

Cooler Master V8 Heat Sink and Cooler Fan

IOGEAR 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader/Writer USB External

Windows 7 Proffesional 64 bit

27" Monitor 1080pitch with HDMI and DVI

This will be a nice little machine for working on photos and editting videos and home movies. Will add more to here as I build up the system more. I'll try to make a short video of the boot-up once it is complete.

Some Old Guy

That thing is going to be pretty mean!

I find lately that my hard drive is filling up and I can't figure out why.

This machine of mine is locking up and can seem to handle more than one program opened at a time. I think it's on it's last legs. I just hope I don't lose everything.....

Roger

Gone8to1248

That thing is going to be pretty mean!

I find lately that my hard drive is filling up and I can't figure out why.

This machine of mine is locking up and can seem to handle more than one program opened at a time. I think it's on it's last legs. I just hope I don't lose everything.....

Roger

Here is a clue. KIDS,MUSIC and GAMES. There are many free sites out there you can go to and see what you can modify or clean up to make things faster. A good FREE anti virus program and spyware and malware remover also helps. A lot of good free things out there. Look at AVG for a good free one. A good disk clean-up and Defrag or Disk Optimization also helps. Also how old is the unit and how much memory and what processor are you running. If you need help send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. If not sure then download Belarc Advisor and run it. That will tell you everything about your computer and whats in it including your validation codes and item serial numbers and model numbers. Lets see if we can keep it unning until I get yours built and up there next summer. TBF will have it's own computer!

Bernie

naden

Here is a clue. KIDS,MUSIC and GAMES.

Dont forget about the skin sites!! lol

Buck 120

"Skn sites" ??? :o

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

WalleyeWayne

KICK-rear end machine right there, man!

naden

"Skn sites" I wonder if that is what Bernie meant that occasional hand of Solitaire??? :o

hahaha

Some Old Guy

Skin sites....... Ha! I'm all done, cleaned up, a glass of milk and showered before the first frame loads up. I'm on dial up! Ha Ha Ha

Roger

Gone8to1248

Added the second DVD-CD Reader/Writer and finished hooking up the Sata Cables and Power Cables to everything inside. Covers and guards are installed to protect the components.Still waiting for the second SSD Drive and Blu-Ray Burner to get here, but could go ahead and set up the mother board and operating system. Will have to make sure AHCI and Trim is turnned on in the BIOS for the SSD Drives.

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0736.jpg

Gone8to1248

Both DVD recorders are full LightScribe enabled burners for letting me burn labels right on the disc as I create them. The purpose for haveing 2 is so that I can copy directly from one to the other. The second video card will be installed after the system is running and stable and then CrossFire is enabled. This will also allow better quality pictures when I hook it up to a 55inch HD TV and a 27 inch HD 1080 monitor with HDMI. Will probrably have evey kid in town over here wanting to play their games on the thing!! :D:o