• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

If you are into ice fishing and enjoy competition.....

Some Old Guy

I was thinking of a team sort of thing. 4 or 5 people would be captians and would draft other members to their teams.

You can fish anytime you want and all you have to do is take a picture of your fish with the TBF logo alongside a measuring tape. Doesn't matter what you catch! It's all added to the team total and by an end date the team with the most total length wins.

I can set up a folder in the picture gallery to upload the pictures. Tallies can be recorded on a page to keep it updated.

Fish of course would have to be caught within the regulations. No out of season fish can be entered. And I was thinking no fish can be entered during a derby or tournament. These fish will be out of the water long enough.

We'll keep it simple and see where it goes!

What do you think? Suggestions?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Some Old Guy

I could also set up password protected team boards so you can remain in contact with your team members.

You could ice fish anytime and any lake you want. Just measye, place logo beside your fish and take a picture of each fish. Meaning if you get into an awesome perch bite and catch 50 of them..... You could have some wicked leads!

Roger

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

maybe cap each team at a certain number of fish like 100

and just cull by size after 100. so your 100 biggest fish??

but yea i like

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

AmateurHourAngling

Hey roger I'm one of Tom lanes fishing buds. I'm only 14 but I love to fish and have fished several tournaments with Tom. I would like to know how I would get a team or if I would even qualify via my age?

-JADEN

Some Old Guy

I think there is no age limit here.

If we get interest in this then I think we'll just have a list of names, ask who is interested in being a captain then they take turns picking members to be on their team.

100 fish...... Maybe 150 if the teams are big enough. But a cap on fish sounds good.

Roger

AmateurHourAngling

Actually I would like to be a captain I know a lot of people who fish and I get out a lot in the winter.

Jaden

-JADEN

Some Old Guy

The teams would be limited to members of the site. If you are up for being a captain that's great. But we have to see if there is an interest in doing this first. Then I think we would have people interested in being a captian say they would then we would maybe chuck their names into a hat and draw 4-6 captains.

Roger

AmateurHourAngling

That sounds like a great idea and I hope that there will be lots more anglers joining in and participating.

Jaden

-JADEN

Some Old Guy

Hey I was thinking that this could get right interesting!!!

Imagine if you and your buddies are all drafted to seperate teams. You could all head out for a days ice fishing like you would any other time but be fishing against each other!. Could be for some good ribbin' out on the ice!

Winning team can have a Champion Page made and I could add trophies next to each members name on the board!

Roger

AmateurHourAngling

That would make it pre interesting and probs a lot of bets to be made among friends and family.

Jaden

-JADEN

Some Old Guy

The other thing is, it doesn't matter where you live! Just upload a photo like was mentioned!

Roger

AmateurHourAngling

Exactly

-JADEN

WalleyeWayne

I like the concept and will certainly participate. Competing keeps me feeling younger. LOL! I think if you keep the $$$ out of it there's a chance. An "Electronic Trophy"will work for those looking to have some fun with it. There is certain to be some good kibitzing for the winning/losing team captains.

Some Old Guy

Yeah that's what I wanted to do. Keep the money out of it and just have some fun. Hopefully there is interest in this.

Roger

McGinnis_Fishing

Im in! Another format we could do is just take every team members biggest fish. That way we're not keeping every fish we catch out of the water long. Just a suggestion.

Jayfishin

Sounds like fun!

Jay

Lyle Reiner

Im in! Suggestions, select teams prior to enough ice? Mods be team capitans;)?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

crazyctr

count me in roger

hbaits.jpg

jason

Sounds like fun and a good way to meet people too. Im in

nateandrychuk

i'm in for sure. this is a great idea

beartrack.jpg.1a43097fbd2f6250c49a780f32

Guest Ol Big Moose

I'd be in on that. I'm planning on spending a month in the Morningwood Shack this season.