• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
McGinnis_Fishing

Stocked specks

McGinnis_Fishing

Hey guys, im hoping someone could help me out in finding a lake close to town that i can drive a car to and catch a few fish. Thanks

naden

sitch and ten minute

Pound 4 Pound

Another one would be Golding it's close but a bit of a trek in. Has anyone been up there lately how is or was the fishing. I know it can be hit or miss it's been at least ten years since I'v been in there.

kbrest

I had luck with Little Hawkeye in Summer/fall - But just went icefishing there on Friday all day long with no luck, Tried EVERYWHERE on the lake! All the little bays, close to shore, away from shore, near the beaver lodges, near the rocks by the trail, near where others had holes drilled and then tried smack dab in the middle of the lake where its about 20 feet or so. We caught one sucker. I did enjoy the nice weather that day though, but any tips for icefishing there would be nice! We had minnows and a variety of different colours of jigs, special ice fishing jigs with a little flasher, nothing.

Chub is next I believe.

Pound 4 Pound

Try small suckers no bigger than 3 inch with a red vmc single hook. Fish about two to three inches of bottom. Trust me it works. Thats what I caught my wall mounter on and it was from LH weighing 5lb 4 ounce mind you that was 6yrs ago.

kbrest

That actually makes perfect sense given the amount of suckers in there. And when I was there in Fall with my waders on, there was literally hundreds of sucker minnows swimming around me chasing my little fly! So I imagine they would feed off the sucker minnows. Does the depth matter in winter? In the fall I just fished from shore a couple spots. But we had tried close to shore, away from shore, anywhere from 6 FOW to 15 FOW. Couldn't figure it out!

Lyle Reiner

ive always done the best close to shore there

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest Smack Um

Lofquist,Deer, Firehill Nipigon District ...Come on man you need help finding a stocked lake?

McGinnis_Fishing

I've only fished specks a handfull of times. I tried gettig to a couple of lakes but couldnt make it in my car and went to chub with no luck 3 times.

Guest Smack Um

I've only fished specks a handfull of times. I tried gettig to a couple of lakes but couldnt make it in my car and went to chub with no luck 3 times.

Ok...The numbers game is much better in Nipigon District so you will probably do better there.

McGinnis_Fishing

Ok thank you!

McGinnis_Fishing

Hahaha thanks!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

did you try pass lake with info i gave?

if you have a sled pm me I have another suggestion

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

McGinnis_Fishing

I did not try pass yet. I was going to check it out today but there was too much snow in the morning.