• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steelheadmagnet

Spring Kam river walleye

Guest cmcrawfo

Can you go fishing in the river for the long weekend

you can do anything, if you put your mind to it!

Lyle Reiner

Lol the launches are not open and the shore isn't safe all over either

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Lyle Reiner

I was just down there, I dont think your going to be able to launch a boat this weekend, maybe next. the launch itself is pretty iced over. And its not open all the way across.

Also this sign was posted, Its not up year round, so its possible its illegal to be on the Kam right now with a watercraft?

post-1389-0-48578600-1364419139_thumb.jp

post-1389-0-88492900-1364419203_thumb.jp

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Yeah I've never seen that before. Makes sense to stay off the river until confirmation as to wether its legal or not

Guest Strav

It looks good enough to fish off, by friday itll even get better, wonder what you would catch off the launch though...been waiting 4 months for fishing, even getting the line wet is worth it.

Guest debruyne97

Fishing can be good this weekend right off the dock...you'll get perch,rock bass and maybe some ruff

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've caught everything at the launch. I wouldn't get your hopes up about big numbers there.

Guest debruyne97

It does not matter about big numbers. As long as you go there and catch even one or two fish is fine.

eddylives

A pickerel rig with a big gob of worms and you can latch into a number of species of fish.....I find the sturgeon to be great fun if you hook into one with lighter gear right off the platform ot the neste launch.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest debruyne97

Just went fishing at the launch and nothing bite tried for 3 hours and nothing at all.

Lyle Reiner

The water is too cold. You'd have to pretty much hang a bait in front of them.. Even then, the current may be too strong for how lathargic they will be right now with the water temps.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest jrcw

A pickerel rig with a big gob of worms and you can latch into a number of species of fish.....I find the sturgeon to be great fun if you hook into one with lighter gear right off the platform ot the neste launch.

It is illegal to target or possess sturgeon. Any fish caught must be immediately released unharmed. post-1167-0-64417300-1364586368_thumb.jp

eddylives

It is illegal to target or possess sturgeon. Any fish caught must be immediately released unharmed. post-1167-0-64417300-1364586368_thumb.jp

Yup know all about that and informed a few people about it when they had sturgeon and were going to keep them.

One fella actually had a 6 plus footer in the back of his SUV already and revived and released it after I informed him of the closed season. It took two guys to carry it lol.

We don't intentionally catch sturgeon , usually its ruff,bass and pics(pickeral rig) with the odd carp and sucker that takes the bait.

But we have no control of sturgeon and you can on occasion have one take the bait and they are great fun to land with the lighter gear yee haw.... what a fight.

When we were able to target sturgeon it was with different baiting styles and much heavier gear.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Bobber Down

where is that sign located. I've never seen it before........but i'm blind anyways lol

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!