• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unbedable

Crimped 22 shell

unbedable

My girlfriend's brother had an old bag of 22's and I found what looks to be bird shot? I was just curious if that's what it actually is? I busted one open and it looks like little grain of sand sized shot. To me I would assume though that it would be impossible to pick out if you hit flesh? Either way I thought it was neat

post-775-0-29278700-1364655628_thumb.jpg

post-775-0-37920900-1364655668_thumb.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

those may be for a nail driver. that shot you found may be powder??

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

eddylives

About 30 years ago my friend and I found a box of 22 shells that look the same at his grandparents camp.

They were a 22 with shot instead of a solid lead projectile.....I have never seen them since.

They had really small shot so I'm not sure what they were good for or how much range they had.

Might have been used for shooting unwanted critters at short range in an area where you did not want to have stray shots traveling any distance or make a big bang like a shotgun.

Hilti guns and such use a different cailber shot , hilti uses 27 caliber and are short casings

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Bobber Down

yep, there bird shot shells. some might call em snake loads. they don't cycle well in semi auto. some guys I might know carry them for their pistolas while camping or walks in our back yard just in case they saw :ninja: a grouse.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

eddylives

Do they still make these shells? I can't say I have ever seen them on the shelf not that I have been looking for them.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

sport

I believe they are still sold at Can Tire in a box of 50 -- by Winchester ,,called bird shot ..long rifle only .3 $ or so a box..hope this helps .

sport.

sport

speaking of selling fast ..... most bulk .22 ammo is sold out in town .heard they are having trouble getting .22 ammo state side , and that's where we get ours from ! if u want to target shoot with bulk ammo , now is a good time to purchase all u can !

sport..

Guest Beamer

They are shot shells,The crimped shot don't work as well as the ones with the plastic caps, also the 22 WMR(22 magnum) work better the the 22LR,CCI make the best rimfire shot cartridges

IMG_3578_zps23284ee5.jpg

naden

Wouldnt shooting shot out of a 22 be hard on the rifleing in the barrel?

Guest Beamer

Wouldnt shooting shot out of a 22 be hard on the rifleing in the barrel?

Not at all

unbedable

They are shot shells,The crimped shot don't work as well as the ones with the plastic caps, also the 22 WMR(22 magnum) work better the the 22LR,CCI make the best rimfire shot cartridges

Interesting! i'm sure its hard to evaluate off a computer screen, but the shot in the plastic cap seem to look a little larger. I'm curious to shoot a few now and see how they pattern out. From your experience is it similar to a size 7 for a 20-guage that would tear apart a bird on an off shot, or small enough to down the bird without much penetration?

Guest Beamer

Not comparable to any shotgun,they are #12 shot which is like pepper fairly mild but it will kill a bird inside 20 feet, more of a novelty than anything, the 22 magnum ones are better and more effective. They were marketed for pest control

Thefishleclair

Rats!!! and Snake....

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB