• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steelheadmagnet

Steelhead!!

Guest Steelheadmagnet

Anyone get out yet? Any luck? I have a buddy that hooked up with a couple the other day, going to give it a try tonight. Not expecting to catch much if anything but its better then sitting at home all night

Lyle Reiner

What river is open enough to fish?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I tried mckenzie river mouth yesterday, seen one steelhead but he swam off.

Weekend coaster

I tried mckenzie river mouth yesterday, seen one steelhead but he swam off.

Through the ice?

Guest cmcrawfo

There is some netting activity going on at the mouth of the pic river right now. They are getting really good yields from the sounds of it. The fish are most definitely at the river mouths along the north shore.

kbrest

What mouths are open though? There's tonnes of ice at most of the local north shore rivers so far. I will be checking everyday and will keep the site posted....not that I will be the only hardcore steelhead angler checking though!

Then again I have not heard anything about Black Sturgeon, Wolf, Sibley Creek, JackFish or Cyprus as of yet....no breakwall ice.

fishman1

Fresh run of chromed were in the Mac yesterday. Hahahahahahahaha

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Yeah I found an open pocket on the Mac yesterday and it was full of fish. Hahaha.

Guest cmcrawfo

If your keen on driving past nipigon its a different story. The steel, Mink Creek, Angler Creek, and the pic are all open at the mouths. The steel is wide open and flowing. Jackfish, Gravel River and the little pic are still frozen up at the mouths. The little pic will be the next mouth to open in this area.

Fishbum

Hahahajahahahahaja. Lol

naden

Was in duluth last weekend, saw quite a few people fishing off shore and at river mouths. Rivers for the most part south of the border looked solid but the mouths were open.

eyelander

And if you decide to venture south that way, stop in at Ryden's , get your license and possible trout stamp(haven't fished down there for a while now, used to need a trout stamp), and get the regulations book. Laws down south of the border are completely different.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Guest jigger

Wolf river, cold water creek both had open water at the highway crossings today. The mouth of the Nipigon river is open. It won't be long now

Weekend coaster

Last Saturday I was ice fishing mackenzie bay and the mackenzie river was still frozen and there is 20 inches where I was fishing so there is still more time to ice steelhead as now is the time they cruise and coast the shallows

Guest cmcrawfo

Was at the Steel river last night, with the cold weather we have had locally the river has tightened back up and the flow has dropped back down. Despite the river being wide open at the HWY, It looks like much of the lower section has yet to open up. At least one guy has been launching a small aluminum boat, and is apparently doing well just off shore.

It was good trip, gave me a chance to sort out my gear and discover that a tiny hole has formed in my waders over the winter. Ran in to a local guy who gave a great historical account of the timing of the runs.

Weekend coaster

Anybody been catching them lately I saw many this year through ice and caught several too

fishman1

I think we should all relax. First and foremost, the weather has to warm up. After that, the snow will melt and the rivers will begin to flow. Lets bring up the subject in let's say at least 2 more weeks????????????????????????

Weekend coaster

I'm not waiting for the run to start I am just going to continue ice fishing as now is the time I am not looking for the big plump females I am looking for the 1-5 pound males through the ice or the smaller 2 pound females are good too

kbrest

Agree. It gets hellish enough when the run starts. Lol.

Not in the hard to get to places with the best fishinggggg haha. But yes agreed.

Guest cmcrawfo

I know nobody wants to hear this, and that it’s much too early to be talking about this kind of thing, but …. We are catching fish in the Aguasabon River (terrace bay), on roe sacs.

Guest Swan_Dive

I know nobody wants to hear this, and that it’s much too early to be talking about this kind of thing, but …. We are catching fish in the Aguasabon River (terrace bay), on roe sacs.

Road Trip!!