• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bin fishin lots

steelie info

Guest flyinfinn

We had one day last spring that it snowed I remember because I stayed home rather then go fishing and regretted it after because the fishing was good.

Fishbum

theres snow every year... if your fishing when the fishing good ;)

Guest cmcrawfo

Yesterday guy was telling me that this time of year (when staged in river mouths), steelhead are striking lures more out of territorial protection than hunger. He supported this by saying that all the fish he (or friends) had caught this season had been males (protecting territory), with empty stomachs… This fish I have caught this season seem to disagree with his theory, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on this?

Mykiss

cmcrawfo:

Steelhead males stage and enter spawning streams first. So early in the run you catch mostly males. Spawning fish tend to feed heavily prior to spawn but will regurgate (spit up) their food when hooked....so stomachs are empty when you clean them. Hope this helps.