• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TerryK

Do not read this! Top secret!

Gone8to1248

Well Norm it looks like I owe YOU the apology. It seems by what people are saying here that those things do happen and I guess I'm just fortunate to have not had it happen to me. It still doesn't change my opinion of TBay people or Canadians though. They are the greatest people. So I'm sorry for going off on you Norm.

Bernie

pastor norm

No problem, Bernie... thanks for loving us so good.. *s*

Guest MachoManFisherMan

I'm 51 and I wear steelhead gear. Do I fall into your "old jerk" steriotype?

Personally By reading your comments, I beleive you would Lol, you do not own the river, if you see someone new you should be willing to help not start a thread being ignorant "DONT READ THIS-TOP SECRET" and dont say you were joking when its pretty blatant you arent..Good Dal YALL, Hope to see EVERYONE out this year on the rivers.

eddylives
:fire::smiley-violent080::smiley-finger007::smiley-violent043::smiley-violent069::smiley-violent027::smiley-violent001: ................. :rolleyes:

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest Smack Um

We are all ok aren't we...It's just a fishing blog and it's still winter...Cabin fever/winter will end soon I hope! :fishing:

eddylives

We are all ok aren't we...It's just a fishing blog and it's still winter...Cabin fever/winter will end soon I hope! :fishing:

Agreed.......

post-1297-0-05444200-1366734244_thumb.jp

pastor norm

Speaking of staying away from people wearing gear...

this is what I will be wearing streamside... Italian designed... convertable fly

post-1502-0-07793200-1366734834_thumb.jp

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Gonna be some snazzy fisherman on the river this year. I can't wait haha.

Gone8to1248

I would like to see an episode of the TV show WWYD (What Would You Do) dealing with steel head fishing up there base on some of the scenarios mentioned on here and then ending up on Judge Judy and The Peoples Court! I'll bet everyone would get a laugh out of it!

Lyle Reiner

That's it Bernie. Ill sue you, for stealing my spot on the Mac. We will go on judge Judy and scream at eachother lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

eddylives
post-1297-0-68429100-1366747607_thumb.jp

eddylives
post-1297-0-11116400-1366748874_thumb.jp

Castnblast

This thread is sooo BS weird....

When do the steelheads start to run?

ghart

This time last year (for last 2 weeks) we were catching them at river mouths in open water.

Spawn is dependent on water temperatures and water flow unless conditions are so dire the need to reproduce overwhelms the natural instincts of the fish.

Water flow and water temperature increases as ice melts.

At this time of year they are likely starting to stage at river mouths - if you can get to them. Lake superior is still pretty much frozen.

If you look at satellite pics: http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=s&page=1

you will see where the ice is (updated twice a day). Thunderbay area is opening - and they may actually be at mouth openings/entering river stages - spawn starts later here in Nipigon. They are also clear down past marathon.

Over the next couple of weeks the grey patches in the ice cover (from satellite) will grow and the ice will collapse. As it recedes, river flow increases, temperature increases and the fish will hold at river mouths until the optimal temp/flow. Little cleos at river mouths work wonders at the staging time.

Just as the ice is gone, they should be in the rivers strong. Most of the rivers here are still fully frozen/to cold for a spawn run as any eggs laid now would likely be lost with the initial melt floodwaters.

There are at least 20 good sized rivers - 8-9 should be open at the mouth now and the rest will likely be opening over the next few weeks.

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

fisherdude

well, i just came from down south and all the rivers to atleast marathon were frozen solid. I catn remember totally where they started to open up due to the rediuclous snow storm we were attempting to drive through but... man did seeing some of the rivers closer to the soo make me a tad steelhead horny. I cant wait.

ghart

high teens and sunny coming this weekend

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

Guest TerryK

Personally By reading your comments, I beleive you would Lol, you do not own the river, if you see someone new you should be willing to help not start a thread being ignorant "DONT READ THIS-TOP SECRET" and dont say you were joking when its pretty blatant you arent..Good Dal YALL, Hope to see EVERYONE out this year on the rivers.

If you only knew how wrong you were.

You have no clue how much hardware I've given away to complete strangers, how many hours I've spent helping folks learn new techniques, hows many hours I've spent cleaning stream banks and beds, cutting grass and brush, how many hours I've spent working on fish habitat, planting trees, collecting scientific data, endless hours sitting in meetings concering all species of fish in NWO. The list goes on. You know who, besides the fish, benefits from all this? YOU.

You have no clue.

gsambray

I will say that terry has helped me out on the river at least two times. First time was helping me land a smaller steelie I hooked into early one morning and the second gave me a float when I lost my last one. To add to that I did pass on the favor rigging up a younger kids line with all the fixings from my own box. I added that to prove that not all of us are grumpy sellfish people out on the river. Most of us are willing to chit chat and help each other out its the few bad apples that give the bad name. And we all know bad news travels faster than good. On a plus side i attempted to fiah an open spot on the mac this evening and well slipped on some ice, sat in the river and filled my hipwaders full. But it was totaly worth it to say i finaly got to fish this spring

Gone8to1248

Terry has taken me out and tried to show me how to steelhead fish. Lost cause there! He caught them and I didn't. As far as his knowledge on steelhead I don't think I would question him on that one.

Guest MachoManFisherMan

If you only knew how wrong you were.

You have no clue how much hardware I've given away to complete strangers, how many hours I've spent helping folks learn new techniques, hows many hours I've spent cleaning stream banks and beds, cutting grass and brush, how many hours I've spent working on fish habitat, planting trees, collecting scientific data, endless hours sitting in meetings concering all species of fish in NWO. The list goes on. You know who, besides the fish, benefits from all this? YOU.

You have no clue.

what are you talking about/getting worked up for :wacko:

Thank you for that bit of info lol

Guest MachoManFisherMan

what are you talking about/getting worked up for :wacko:

Thank you for that bit of info lol

No need to argue about fish

gsambray

But mines BIGGER !!!!!!!! Lol