• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wade O.

Shebandowan Ice condition pics with updates....where are you?

Wade O.

Hey where are the annual pics of the bay at shebandowan showing the ice condition. I always looked forward to those cause it kind of gave me a sense of what the lakes are doing. I can't remember who was posting them but would love it if they were up there this year too, seeing as how its such a late thaw.

Resource Pimp

I'll take some tomorrow. It isn't pretty, ice is still tight to the shore. Its not looking like 3 weeks and 2 days will be enough time for ice out.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

MILLER

I'll take some tomorrow. It isn't pretty, ice is still tight to the shore. Its not looking like 3 weeks and 2 days will be enough time for ice out.

Not good news.

avatar_888.jpg?dateline=1515226580

Resource Pimp

Ha, I stand corrected. The opener is 2 weeks and 2 days away. Been living on the lake 34 years and it will take a miracle.

post-503-0-80331200-1367495852_thumb.jpg

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

speckmaster

Feel bad for the fly in outfitters. I'm sure this will be tough on business.

fishman1

Maybe their clients can ice- fish. Haha

sinker7

Here is a shot of Upper Shebs as of Sunday Apr.28

27" of ice. The lake had not yet lifted.

post-152-0-26620900-1367536183_thumb.jpg

Wade O.

well on the positive side 27" is alot less then the close to 4ft when i was out ice fishing a few weeks ago. We'll have to see.

Hey Resource.....on the right side of the pic there is that water or is that water sitting on top of ice?

I know right now we think its impossible but they are calling for warm days by monday.

Resource Pimp

well on the positive side 27" is alot less then the close to 4ft when i was out ice fishing a few weeks ago. We'll have to see.

Hey Resource.....on the right side of the pic there is that water or is that water sitting on top of ice?

I know right now we think its impossible but they are calling for warm days by monday.

Its mainly water on the ice, maybe a foot of open water. I was snow plowing out onto the ice all winter and thats where dirt was pushed on and ate into the ice. I have informed my guests for the opening week they will be looking at ice for a few days. The 14 day forecast leads me to believe the ice will still be here come the May long.

post-503-0-30015400-1367554556_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Wade O.

Ok pimp.....your killin me. Whats the situation now? Warmer weather has to be putting some kinda mark on that ice.

Resource Pimp

Ok pimp.....your killin me. Whats the situation now? Warmer weather has to be putting some kinda mark on that ice.

Pic is from 6pm tonight. Not really a lot of change, thats water on the ice at shore to the left and a small piece of open water on the right. Was out on the lake on my sled yesterday and wouldn't hesitate to go out again tomorrow.

post-503-0-27871800-1367896846_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

Lower Sheban is showing some darkness but theres still only a foot or two of open water in some places along the shoreline. Punched and measured 2 holes today, 19 and 21 inches of ice. I'm thinking May 21st or 22nd for Lower. We'll see :)

post-503-0-06059200-1368073741_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-59137200-1368073779_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Wade O.

yeah definately darkening. Did you guys get any of that rain out there? Supposed to be I think over 15 just after the weekend so heres to hoping!

• Like 1

Resource Pimp

yeah definately darkening. Did you guys get any of that rain out there? Supposed to be I think over 15 just after the weekend so heres to hoping!

We didn't get enough to even wet the deck yesterday and its dry this morning.

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

NWO

Hey Wayne

Just make sure you bring more beer than usual to Maylong this year......if that is even possible. ;)

Wade O.

oh I can get more....when I leave the beer store there is still some left so more is a possibility. Plus with no fishing and those other two with me one or both of the following is gonna happen; one something is gonna get broken and B) someone is gonna get hurt.

NWO

oh I can get more....when I leave the beer store there is still some left so more is a possibility. Plus with no fishing and those other two with me one or both of the following is gonna happen; one something is gonna get broken and B) someone is gonna get hurt.

Maybe Milosh will fall through the ice. ;)

His feathered hair might trap enough air to save him though.

Resource Pimp

Yesterday was the last day on with the atv. Its too rotten along the edge to get on today. Looking at where its at today I can't see it being gone in a week, Judging by how much its not even open along the edge yet, i'll guess at least 10 more days.

post-503-0-42098200-1368225065_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Wade O.

seems to be progressing fast now....a few more offerings to Odin and Thor and the Norse gods shall open all their water ways to me. Milosh already got volunTOLD he's going first. We'll be good I have some sort of faith!

Resource Pimp

Too bad you can't cash a reality check, cause a lot of fishermen will be getting one next Saturday :)

post-503-0-11688800-1368311376_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

WalleyeWayne

I was at the Hagi Resort today checking conditions. I'm gonna step out and say lower shebs will be fishable before the end of May long weekend. It might take til the Monday, but I'm betting we will have the boat in for some fishing before the weekend ends.

Resource Pimp

Sunday evening.

post-503-0-37563200-1368416098_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

MILLER

seems to be progressing fast now....a few more offerings to Odin and Thor and the Norse gods shall open all their water ways to me. Milosh already got volunTOLD he's going first. We'll be good I have some sort of faith!

Wade, you better tune up that power auger!

avatar_888.jpg?dateline=1515226580

Resource Pimp

6:45 pm tonight, Getting black but didn't open up very much more from yesterday

post-503-0-27546400-1368487956_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

dad went to lac today

cushing lake and sawmill bay have more open water than your pictures but ice is still white. so probably 3 or 4 days behind shebs

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President