• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AmateurHourAngling

Fishing the marina park docks..

AmateurHourAngling

Has anyone ever fished right off the docks at the marina and if so what did you guys catch or any other knowledge would be appreciated

-JADEN

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I troll all the way from the mouth of the current river all the way past the marina. Usually just pike, however they can be quite large. You may get a walleye, bass, steelhead or speck though. However most fish will be pike. Good luck. Big husky jerks, x raps, buck tail spinners work well.

I am often fishing very close to shore. Within a cast. So you should have no problem getting some fish.

eddylives

Go to the boat launch , to the right you will see an old pier/dock looking thing.

Walk out there and flip a spoon around , I have had a few monster pike on there and a lot of regular size ones.

An awesome way to kill a few hrs even when the fishing is slow......been awhile since I have done that lol.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

AmateurHourAngling

Thanks alot guys really helped

-JADEN

McGinnis_Fishing

Ya ive been planning to go fish around the marina but havent got around to it yet. Maybe sometime next week

Castnblast

Hey bigfish, I,m not usually one to cough up a honey hole on a forum, but try the small duck pond right at the marina. The one that is connected to the lake by the little channel that runs under the footbridge. I used to take my kids down there when they were really young. People walking by could not believe the size of the pike in the pond. just flip a silver spoon out, jerk it back on a slow retrieve and watch what happens.

If you have kids, do the family a favour and take them out to Merla May for an icecream - throw a rod in the trunk, park the car, and flip a Cleo in the pond. Doesn't get any easier.

Let us know if you go!

Good luck

MILLER

When I was younger I used to catch tons of perch off the docks at the marina, it was so fun. Also, as one mentioned, there's the pond that I used to catch a lot of pike out of, and there are some lunkers. On a sunny day, if you look close, you will see pike lurking in and out of the weeds in the pond. There's lots of baitfish in there also, which probably attracts the pike.

avatar_888.jpg?dateline=1515226580

fisherdude

Iv seen pictures of absolutely monster pic coming out of that pond, and there's definitely lots of big fish around that whole shoreline down there. I know il be down there as soon as I'm down with those ugly trout.

AmateurHourAngling

Thanks for the advice...probably going tonight will update you guys where i caught fish and with what

-JADEN

uncle

Thanks for the advice...probably going tonight will update you guys where i caught fish and with what

Right on BigFishBoy. Positive attitude. :)

spindilla1

I don't have a picture but when I first moved to TBay I got one probably topping 20lbs out of that pond no leader and it broke me off at the shore. It was a good welcoming to this city, I got it on a white grub with a white head.

It's amazing how close great fishing can be. It's all about perspective. Lots of people just assume there are no great fisheries right in the middle of town. Within 15 of my house I have a shot at nearly every species in the area. It's nice to hear that there are people out fishing at the marina as well. It's those people that get the most exposure and can really show the public what kinds of opportunities exist. I'm sure lots of parents would take their kid to the marina to fish if they just knew more about the opportunities there.

walleyewarrior

Well I was a little skeptical about trying but I had some free time and went down to the marina. Threw spoons and ended up catching 5 pike between 5 to 8 lbs. Was a good night considering I wasn't expecting to catch a thing. I really regretted not bring my jaw spreaders with me or my net. I would recommend both to anyone who goes down there.

walleyewarrior

Correct

eddylives

Another potentially productive pike area is the floodway down by keefer terminal. In the past I have fished there when its literally a nice pike every 3-10 casts with a spoon , down to nothing.

And I have seen more than a few monsters caught and lost there lol , one was even pictured and written up in the chronical journal.

kbrest

Well I was a little skeptical about trying but I had some free time and went down to the marina. Threw spoons and ended up catching 5 pike between 5 to 8 lbs. Was a good night considering I wasn't expecting to catch a thing. I really regretted not bring my jaw spreaders with me or my net. I would recommend both to anyone who goes down there.

That was you I saw fishing under the footbridge then lol. Walking my dog across I saw a guy fishing, my wife says "people fish right here?" I said Yah they do, she says "do they catch anythi.....just as an 8lb pike hit your line lol Well done! Pretty tricky landing fish while on those rocks though.

This goes to show. We should all start wearing tbf jerseys so we know wether or not to start up a conversation with a fellow member. Haha.

kbrest

TBF Jerseys!?! I love it, I think we should get a bunch made actually, everyone that wants one can chip in an amount and we can get the logo posted on some jerseys or jackets or even just hoodies or something like that.

eddylives

TBF Jerseys!?! I love it, I think we should get a bunch made actually, everyone that wants one can chip in an amount and we can get the logo posted on some jerseys or jackets or even just hoodies or something like that.

I will ask where the unions get there hoodies done and what the minimum order is.

They cost about $50 each last time I bought them at the hall.

kbrest

Even if it was just T-Shirts, or short sleeve button up fishing shirts or something would be kinda cool. It is probably Sport-Top in town. If we get some interest from members (which I am sure we may), we can place an order or something. I like this idea.

I love the hoodie or long sleeve t shirt would be awesome. Just something for a quick id so you know wether you found a fellow tbf member.

I'm sure we'd all be willing to cover our costs, and it may get cheaper the more we get. It would be great free advertisement for the website and Roger. Plus you get to feel like your more a part of something. First we would need Rogers input. It is his website and it would be terrible if someone was seen breaking the law while wearing one. Great idea though. I say we see what it takes to get the ball rolling.