• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

pastor norm

chinook luck

pastor norm

had a great day on Superior on Monday. Saw lots of baitfish with the new sonar and caught some healthy, frisky, chunky... salmon. How' it been out there? any lures been particularly effective? or is this a dumb question ?

• Like 1

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I'm hoping to go out this week. I don't have a downrigger. I am hoping dipsy divers and 3 way rigs will get me down enough. Glad to hear your into some fish, keep it up.

filletandrelease

Northern king nk 28 in orange monkey puke has been the hot lure for me this year and most other years for that matter. Average fish has been around 5 lb with a couple pushing 8 lb. I haven't run dipsey's in almost 2 weeks but so far they haven't produced at all for me this year. I'd recommend bringing a leadcore rod or using snap weights or torpedo divers or at least a long leader off your diver in case the fish are still being spooked by the dipsey. Most fish have been coming from 15 to 25' down. The bite certainly is on the last few trips have had quick limit catches. Good luck.

tequila shooter

thanks guys for the updates! I am putting the boat in the lake this weekend after replacing the floor and seats. I am glad to hear that the salmon are biting, and looking forward to some sun and fun on the water. I ll update how I make out when we get back in. TTFN

bin fishin lots

I'm a flatline troller and do excellent launching out of little trout bay and have great luck. Not a king salmon guy but I love my cohos, rainbows, and Lakers. Little cleos in the #3-4 range. Mepps Cyclops. J-R 9 rapala fire tiger.

pastor norm

Just one picture... my buddy had better pictures. I just learned to load my blackberry pictures to my computer. My fish were caught on blue and silver.post-1502-0-88776800-1372432860_thumb.jp

Kaptain Kirk

Nice Catch Norm way to go those are going to be good eats.

hope to get out next week.

Foozer

Nice Catch.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Lyle Reiner

I havent done enough salmon fishing, only ever been out on the big lake once. I think after AYA and SSS I may purchase a down rigger and setup. I would love to lace into one or two!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Barrski

Good catch. Area you hitting them out from the harbour or black bay

pastor norm

Launched at Silver Islet. I've paid twice there so far though it didn't look like the launch was well maintained. The ramp is a little off level too.

Ah, there was a bunch of spam posts which are now deleted. Without them my comment doesn't make much sense haha.

gsambray

Ha ha ha

Guest Crooksyredboat

Anyone fish turtlehead? I caught one salmon at silver harbour this week.

How far out were you? I'm assuming out past Mary island. Just wondering what depth of water.

pastor norm

was out on Thursday ... Silver Islet... 4 salmon landed (3-6 lbs) .....one more lost at the engine.. and numerous lakers. 30-40 feet down on the downrigger ... Then the wind kicked in and we called it a day. Blue and silver.

AB

was out on Thursday ... Silver Islet... 4 salmon landed (3-6 lbs) .....one more lost at the engine.. and numerous lakers. 30-40 feet down on the downrigger ... Then the wind kicked in and we called it a day. Blue and silver.

30 to 40ft down? Wow what a difference location makes! I picked off a mess of fish in Black Bay on Sunday evening / Monday morning and the 'riggers were never set deeper then 18 ft. Colour didn't seem to matter to the fish. iceman

pastor norm

yeah... the salmon don't care about depth... .... it depends on the bait they are chasing. We marked big bait balls 40 - 50 feet down... and that's where we picked up our fish

fishingfinn

How far out were you? I'm assuming out past Mary island. Just wondering what depth of water.

Ive been getting the salmon this past week west of Mary's island, 130 fow and lines set at 35 ft, that's where the bait has been

Tomworld9

Had some good ones on over the past week, but only managed to get one little one and a mess of lakers in the boat. heading out in the morning to try again...