• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

pastor norm

chinook luck

Fishbum

We have been thinking about heading out to black bay or silver islet this weekend... anybody been out there lately? or any reports on how the fishing has been? Im guessing the water temps might have dropped a little in the past two weks with the cool nights eh ?

Kaptain Kirk

I also hope to get out this weekend, to BB or S Islet, any recent reports,how it is going out there would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

fishman1

My understanding from talking to a few guys that have been to b.b is that they are averaging2-3. Fish per boat.

Jayfishin

Salmon starting to get caught in Nipigon River, was there last sunday. I am going to try TBay harbour tomorrow evening. Maybe try closer to Kam to see if some chinooks are staging.

Jay

pastor norm

The point of this thread was to keep abreast of salmon fishing in the Thunder Bay ... it suddenly got quiet. My sources tell me that there are salmon to be caught out from the breakwall. So the bite is on?

AB

I snagged a shaker in the head on Saturday.....I wouldn't say they are exactly jumping on the hooks....but you never know. iceman

Guest Crooksyredboat

Small salmon caught off Mary island, my buddy caught an 9 lber in front of Mackenzie in 130 fow during our mini derby last weekend.

pastor norm

thanks guys... I will be trying the harbour very soon.

McGinnis_Fishing

Was out at black bay today. Caught 5 salmon from 3-4 pounds. Missed another the same size and 1 laker the same size. Trolled around from 3-7. All fish came from the riggers set at 30-35 fow but most were caught on the cheater line half way up. Most productive colour was a watermelon type colour. Water temp was huge! 55-57 degrees on surface and we caught salmon. We got the 1 laker in about 52 degrees but thats it.

NoUseForAName_GW

Pulled my boat out of the lake tonight, had it in the water for about 3 weeks at my camp near wild goose. Only fished the break wall for about an hour, got one about 3lbs and lost another a bit bigger. Marked lots of fish and bait right in front of the current river slip. Things are starting to pick up. Both hit on the slider, an orange monkey puke. Ball was set at 30 feet.

Gavin

gsambray

Is there a chance in hooking into one if i dont have a down rigger

NoUseForAName_GW

Is there a chance in hooking into one if i dont have a down rigger

this year for sure, dipsy divers will get you down far enough to get near the fish.

Gavin

gsambray

Might have to give it a try. If its not windy since my boat is only a 15.5 foot but narrow

pastor norm

um... I got a broken spring.

gsambray

Itsa cheap fix. If there old its better to do both. If its leaf style go to tractor trailer for the parts they have been good to deal with and cheaper if u do the work yourself. When i did mine i bought new springs u bolts and spring bolts. Should be less than 200 if you do both sides. More if u get a shop to do it cause labour rates. Ive been doing lots at work lately

gsambray

I said tractor trailer cause thays were the shop i work at deals with. I guys its a bit of a discount for me then. But if parts are cheaper at fort garry then ill have to start checking them too. Thanks

AB

Chinook luck is waning, but the Coho action is picking up south of town! Strap on the small red spoons and watch for fish cartwheeling behind the boat!

Tight Lines!

iceman

pastor norm

now that the trailer is fixed, I'm game to try... what's the best bet? I'm guessing a morning out from the breakwall to the welcomes......

thefisher

The salmon fishing has been best all year the past two weeks. Flashers with a fly have worked the best. Even got a surprise steelhead!!

post-542-0-01234000-1377745141_thumb.jpg

post-542-0-25013100-1377745157_thumb.jpg

Mykiss

Nice steelhead.......green tailing glove looks like a NSSA issue !!

thefisher

Thanks!!! Yes that gloved was passed on to me from Terry a bunch of years ago lol! The steelhead looked to be clipped but no tag? Maybe a Portage fish.

Mykiss

Certainly looks like a Black Bay steelhead....all Portage Creek steelhead are tagged as you are probably aware...there is however a annual tag loss of around 20 % ......so it could have been from Portage.....difficult to see a clip from the picture.....wish I could catch a steelhead like the one you are holding.