• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

yellowhammer lake

gsambray

Anyone fish yellowhammer lake? Going to be there from the 19th to 29th and was wondering how the fishing has been. It seems farely deep from shore and hoping to put my 16 foot boat in it. Also are there any rocks or reefs to watch out for? Its gonna bemy first time there in a boat and been told the walleye use to be good. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gord.

pastor norm

yes.... big rock in the narrows.... be careful... the water is quite stained so it's hard to see, As for walleye, that would be news to me... but it's been 7-8 years

gsambray

What species are in there. I have caught pike from shore. Looking for decent wally fishing but tired of northern lights lol and whitefish too.

naden

never heard of any walleyes coming from there. Bass and pike for sure and Ive heard there used to be the odd laker.

gsambray

Hmmm seems like bass are taking over that area. Guess i better find somrwere else. I want walleye but i nice not so busy place thats why i was thinking yellowhammer.

naden

sprucefir has walleyes and it flows to yellowhammer so who knows maybe it does have walleyes and its just not well known.

gsambray

Not sure if i can get a 16 footer in sprucefir. Maybe fish the river mouth on yh side. Just tired of bass

eyelander

walleye cannot get up river to yellowhammer from sprucefir, there is a steep drop at the yellowhammer end that prevents them from getting into it

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

pastor norm

yes.. some lakers...it used to be busy with tourists hammering the bass... you can't get into Spruce Fir with your boat because it requires a portage.

gsambray

K yellowhammer is out. Thanks for all the info but im gonna hit up prelate. The one of two other lakes i wanna try.

Foz

How far is the portage from yellowhammer into sprucefir?