• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eddylives

Still-learning.....showed me how it's done on Whitefish lol

eddylives

So still-learning and I finally got out fishing after talking about it for a few months lol

We had a late start and hit the water at about 9:30 - 10 am Sunday morning

Within 15 minutes or less he has a solid hit and whoa doggy there is a nice fish on

My first impression was hey that's a nice size pike until he got it into view

First impressions can be wrong hehe....it was a large pickerel....where is the bloody net lol

(Mental note buy a bigger net lmao)

He played the fish well as it was energetic and ran a few times before I tried to net it

Hmmmm.......it won't fit lol....but finally it decided to turn in the net and hah it was in for the catch

We were both smiling as he retrieved the hook and I fired up my phone to take a picture

He mumbled of all the days to forget my camera......and smiled when I said no problem we'll use mine

Took a couple shots and an official weight....7lbs.....awesome

And quickly placed it back into the water to hopefully be caught and released again as well as remain a breeder

We spent the rest of the day drift fishing as there was a consistent breeze and enough action to keep us interested even though it was slow

He showed me the slip bobber method of fishing and it produced well , I was impressed lol and will rotate it into my own fishing routine one day

The only other interesting thing was the fish jumping around us during the day in all depths of water

We thought they may be perch or bass but I did see one nice eater pickerel that jumped right out of the water close to us

At one point we drifted into shore amongst the weeds and when I left my jig hanging over the side of the boat , fired up the 25 to leave and watched a 3-4" perch jump up and try to grab my bait hanging over the water haha....silly fish....must be mentally challenged we commented lol

As always it was a great day of fishing with 5 nice eater size pickerel and 6 perch

post-1297-0-49859300-1376341487_thumb.jppost-1297-0-31232200-1376344538_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

That's awesome. It's always a great experience to get out onto the water with someone new. Sounds like you both had a good time and boy what a fish. Thanks for posting the story and the pics!

eddylives

And mental note.....put pictures on computer then post lol....that way they are the right way

Bobber Down

It was a great day of fishing with eddylives. My last visit to Whitefish was around 40 years ago. Yup......still weedy and yup......I'll be back!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

eddylives

Like freshwater says , its great to get out fishing with new people and exchange ideas and different methods for targeting fish.(not the normal "its a secret" way of thinking when talking to other fishers on or around the lake)

Like the fact I learned from still-learning about an area of the lake I would never target due to the lack of structure and weeds or the slip bobber and how versatile it will be in specific conditions.

I am going to try some of the same things this coming weekend and might hunt for a few new to me spots I think there were the same conditions that I went through last season.