• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mucky

Birds are just around the corner

Guest mucky

I dont know if its because we've had such a terrible summer and the temperatures have been going down to the single digits lately, or because its less then a month away, but I cant stop thinking about chicken hunting. How about you guys?

Was out fishing the other weekend and saw a second hatch of chickens running around so that must mean some made it through all that rain we had. Hunting has been so good these past few years heres hoping it keeps up.

gsambray

Seen a ton of birds today while out looking for bears.

naden

surf and turf!

Spectre

Ya this weather is making me anxious to get out there... Know the best way to calm it down? Its not watching hunting videos! The 14th cant come fast enough!

The_Outdoorsman

Been seeing lots of birds up by my camp.. Cant wait!!

The_Outdoorsman

Been seeing lots of birds up by my camp.. Cant wait!!

gsambray

Ya this weather is making me anxious to get out there... Know the best way to calm it down? Its not watching hunting videos! The 14th cant come fast enough!

Dont they open on the 15th

brookiebuster

September 14 to december 31 according to MNR website.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

gsambray

Oh cool thought it was always on the 15

Spectre

Unless the 15th is on a sunday then they move it to the saturday? Not sure why just like every 4 years Moose/Deer starts the weekend before Thanksgiving... Luckily i figured that out this year was one of them before I booked my holidays :glare:

tracker

Just need to remember, Moose starts on the Saturday closest to the Oct 8th, Walleye starts 3rd Saturday in May regardless of where the holidays fall.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

gsambray

Ya moose hunt by water opening weekend unless its cooled off by then

Guest Slowey

been crusin around in the new side by side and have seen quite a few chickens. i cant wait. now i just have to make up a gun mount for the RZR and ill be good to go.

milspec

I'm happy that it starts on the weekend, get up nice and early and head out all morning. :smiley-sport037:

brookiebuster

Been seeing a decent amount of birds. Seems to be a little less than last year though (in the areas I hunt).

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I'm happy that it starts on the weekend, get up nice and early and head out all morning. :smiley-sport037:

dont bother with that early stuff, i kept a log tracking birds seen/shot - 9am -noon will get you more action. sleep in a little, esepcially if its close to freezing like 4-6 deg or wet. they dont start moving till sun breaks over trees. raods running east west will see birds earlier than those running north south.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Spectre

dont bother with that early stuff, i kept a log tracking birds seen/shot - 9am -noon will get you more action. sleep in a little, esepcially if its close to freezing like 4-6 deg or wet. they dont start moving till sun breaks over trees. raods running east west will see birds earlier than those running north south.

Gotta disagree about time, normally from about sunrise for an hour or 2 and the same for an hour or 2 before sunset until sunset is when I was seeing the most birds last year on non raining days of course. The rest of the day was hit or miss. Of course as the season got later and the less food there is in the bush they start coming out all day and thats just in the area I was in though it changes depending where you go, style of hunting you do... Personally I like going out for the early shoot and go all day, hit all the times you can! :smiley-sport020:

• Like 1

brookiebuster

I usually go out at around 9-10am. Usually get my limit, if not its still nice getting out and spending a few hours in the bush!

• Like 1

Guest Smack Um

I've seen quite a few Partridge with chicks this year around Armstrong so it should be a pretty good year for them & it's a great excuse to take the gps & go exploring!

brookiebuster

Nothing like a surf n turf! The ride in or out of a lake get some birds then some eye's(or even some stocked specks), you cant beat it. Mmm getting hungry thinking of it..

• Like 1