• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dean

Surplus Moose Tags

Dean

Well, tried for 3+ hours straight to get through for a surplus moose tag, busy signal every time. Anybody from the Thunder Bay area manage to get through this year and get a surplus tag?

Jayfishin

Southern Ontario has advantage due to how the phone lines are set up. My cousin in midland gets thru easier.

So much for the northern advantage eh. lol

Jay

brookiebuster

I heard of people from here using southern Ontario call centres to call and they were successful at getting surplus tags. I think someone posted that on here last season.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Fisherman08

Ok! called the Outdoors Centre this morning!

Surplus tag amounts for Adult Moose are as follows

9 Surplus Cow Tags for WMU 13

19 Surplus Cow Tags for WMU 15B

43 Surplus Bull Tags for WMU 15B

1st - You enter a Lottery system set in place for Adult Moose tags - Your in Either Pole 1 or Pole 2

2nd - You have the opportunity to call into a Lottery system for Surplus - (if your even have the remotest lucky chance to get through).

North Western Ontario has to go through 2 phone exchange systems to try and get through. 3/4's of the time you can't even get through TBAY Tel's exchange to get into the Southern Ontario exchange system....

What I can't figure out is why so many Surplus tags are available, when there are alot of Pole 1 hunters that have not recieved Adult tags for years, or Groups for that matter, they try calling in to get a Surplus Tag and can't get through......

These tags should be used up in the Draw, rather than people attempting to get through on the phone for 3.5 hrs.

Doesn't make sense.

There has to be a better way of doing this.......

Dean

Surplus tags are available in our areas because there are more tags available for the northern draw than there are people eligible for the draw. There are no tags left over from the regular draw. This is the only reason there are surplus tags in popular areas. There was never any surplus tags in our areas before the northern draw came into effect. Hope this helps!

gsambray

How does a pool 1 unsuccesful ina reg tag not qualify for northern tag?

Guest mucky

Gsambray what do you mean not eligable? I thought the way it worked was that they set aside 5% of the alloted tags for each WMU for the northern ontario draw. If you did not get a tag this year, and if you were part of a group application and no one else got a tag in that group, and you have not gotten a tag for the past 2 years, you were then eligable.

Dean

Don't forget you have had to applied for the draw for 3 years in a row without getting a tag to be eligible for the northern draw and if you are in a group the group had to be unsuccessful the 3rd year. You get the northern tag then at the end of the 3rd year.

gsambray

Ok this was my moms second year in a row unsuccessful. But someone else we sometimes hunt eith had gotten the northern tag this year but had an adult tag not last year but the year before. I in the past have gotten a reg bull tag then the next year got a northern bull tag but its been 4 years since a tag. Havent missed a draw in ten years. Kinda strange how it goes.

Dean

Sounds like someone at MNR screwed up with who should be in the northern draw and who shouldn't be.............

Hunter

two years ago I got a tag on the northern draw I got a letter saying that I it. and I had to send it back with proof that I lived in the north and then they sent my tag. A guy I hunt with put in for his this year bull first cow second and was told that he did not get a tag in the main draw and he was unsuccessful.so 9 cows in the surplus and he gets a no. But we have a cow tag and a bull for 13 out of three other hunters. still happy happy