• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hurketthunter

Rabbits

Hurketthunter

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has seen this and what you do. I was out scouting for deer with a friend over the weekend and he brought a shotgun for small game. we never saw any birds but there were rabbits everywhere and my friend ended up shooting two. Both rabbits were heavily infested with ticks. Now my question is this, what do you do with your rabbits when they have such heavy tick infestations? I remember shooting rabbits as a kid and they never had this issue. I would like to take a few as I enjoy a good feed of rabbit but the tick thing creeps me out. Any idea's or suggestions are welcome and for those wondering my friend did bring the rabbits home.

Hurketthunter

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Start a fire and hang them in the fire for a moment, you won't affect the meet but the ticks can die, another thing would be hold the rabbit body underwater and if the ticks can't breathe they will release.

Thefishleclair

I bring a cooler along on all my trips now. 2 blocks of ice. Skin rabbits quick if ya want. Guttin should be done real quick. Toss em on ice after cleaning. Grouse get almost as quick service. Remember to leave a wing on though!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

RLK

I bring a cooler along on all my trips now. 2 blocks of ice. Skin rabbits quick if ya want. Guttin should be done real quick. Toss em on ice after cleaning. Grouse get almost as quick service. Remember to leave a wing on though!

I don't believe you need to leave a wing on any more.

gsambray

Nope a wing must be left on migratory birds. Grouse arent migratory so no wings needed. The legs are good to. If you save up a bunch and deep fry then toss in a sauce there better than chicken wings

Thefishleclair

Good to know.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB