• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

being checked by mnr

gsambray

Does anyone know why mnr doesnt ask to see your firearms license or has anyone been asked? In 15 years not once have i been asked to produce it. Opp in a check station while traveling through Nipigon has asked but thats it.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

my understanding is they aren't mandated, they work for the province to enforce its laws. and only a selection of those laws

PAL is a federal thing, they don't have to enforce but i am sure they could.

Also a federal firearms offense can lead to jail time. they lay fines not incarcerate criminals... at least to the best of my knowledge. i dont think they carry cuffs or can place an arrest. not sure though.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

ghart

Ditto on the above - its not in their mandate. Falls under federal/OPP jurisdiction. They can and have partnered with OPP before and then I am pretty sure they ask for the PAL.

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

Bear

A Conservation Officer is appointed under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act.

Conservation Officers have powers of inspection, arrest, search and seizure under the various statutes they enforce, including the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, the Migratory Birds Convention Act, Small Vessel Regulations, Liquor Licence Act and the Fisheries Act.

When carrying out his or her duties, or investigating an offence under these statutes or the corresponding regulations, a Conservation Officer may do the following:

•Stop and/or inspect a vehicle, boat or aircraft

•Inspect firearms, ammunition, game or fish

•Ask questions relevant to the inspection

•Inspect buildings or other places

•Search with a warrant

•Search without a warrant in circumstances requiring immediate action

•Seize items related to the offence

•Arrest anyone the Conservation Officer believes has committed, is committing, or is about to commit an offence under these acts or any other legislation they may enforce.

gsambray

Thanks for the help in clarifying this. I just thought it was odd that they always said they dont want to see it. Either way its part of my almost briefcase i gotta carry out hunting. The funny thing is one time my cousin told opp he forgot it and was told it must be carried and to remember it next time. Lol he was lucky in my opinion.

Bottom Bouncer

Was asked by a warden this year for my PAL in 12b while bird hunting with the family and that wasn't the first time.

REELBAIT

gsambray

Was stopped the past weekend and wasnt asked for it. So I asked him why not and was told the same as the answers i got on here. Dont need to see it cause there is no problem with how your rifle is on you. No within my authority. So does that mean you can refuse to show it until a federal officer is there? Not saying i would refuse since it would be a hassle i dont want

Guest fancy pants

It would be a lot like pulling up to a RIDE program and telling the officer that you don't answer questions when he asks if you have been drinking. You do not have to answer questions, but if you haven't been drinking....more hassle than you need. If you have been drinking....Good luck...lol

gsambray

No hassles for me. When i get stopped ive got it all ready to hand it over. Anyone know who is in 13? It used to be axle but he isnt a co anymore. He was always good to deal with.

Fisherman08

Johnson, Grigio, Leblanc, Kormos, Hiscox to name a few....

gsambray

Wow a bunch of them

naden

in recent years ive been stopped by axle and johnston on boreal and leblanc up dog river road. leblanc was nice enough to lend me some cable to help pull my stuck truck out. johnson was nice enough to open my truck doors and inspect my firearms without asking while i was diagnosing a failed fuel pump.

gsambray

Axle actually put me on a moose one year. Lol checked my tags and strongly suggested to go back to a cut i drove past.

mmgg

They also have computers in their trucks now, knew the owners names of all the vehicles of the group , I'm sure they could check your pal/pol from your name. They were friendly to deal with this year. Good to see them out.

Foozer

I've been stopped three times already since moose season opened (once in 13 and twice in 15B). The first time I offered my PAL along with my hunting license, and was told it was not necessary. He then asked for my moose validation tag. That was bout it.

The officers were easy enough to deal with but a little smug with some of the responses. Like when we asked if he'd seen any sign in the area, and his reply was that the badge on his shoulder did not say "Guide" on it.

It was funny, but there was some attitude that came with it.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

gsambray

Theres only 1 co that ive had problems with. Seemed very rude obnoxious and very high on themself. Other than that never an issue

Guest fancy pants

I have never had an issue. In fact every interaction I have had has been very positive. Good to see them out there.