• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Personal bests for summer of 2013

Bobber Down

Anyone make any personal best weights on any of the lakes or rivers you like to fish? Personal bests for me this summer was on Whitefish Lake with a 7lb Walleye and a 5 1/2lb Walleye at the mouth of Current River. Never caught anything close to those sizes at those locations before.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

29 and change walleye at mouth of CR. Many firsts on the fly. Was a great season for me. For sure one of the best.

Eyeguy

Got a couple 28+ inchers this year - one on a first-time (but definitely not last) lake, and one on a river that's given up quite a few 22 - 25's for me in the past. Always figured there were some hogs there somewhere, finally found one.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

31 no tail pinch, so 32.5"???

post-499-0-13827900-1382127344_thumb.jpg

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Some Old Guy

No personal bests for me this year but there was some great fishing going on!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

johnr

Found that this season the fishing was spectacular. Personal best walleye for me....33.75 inches and captured on video. Caught many quality fish of every species and in fact had a little trouble getting "eaters". The fish this year just seemed to be consistently bigger than average.....Oh woe is me!!!!!

kbrest

got this guy on the nipigon river this summerpost-1035-0-20893400-1382141983_thumb.jp

Swanny you gotta get out fly fishing more with us next year!

kbrest

Most steelhead I have ever caught in a season. Also biggest steelhead at 30 inch. A lot of first species on the Fly as Brodie mentioned as well. It was a good year thats for sure. Not over yet!

• Like 1

Iron Ranger

Not my "personal" best, but I was very proud to be in the boat when our Grandson caught his personal best Bluegill (11"). We got it in our "secret lake". He is still asking if it is our secret lake.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

thefisher

Those are some nice fish!!! My best this summer, a 17lb Laker, it honestly fought like he was 30lbs... I'll get him next time LOL

post-542-0-29531100-1382198992_thumb.jpg

Iron Ranger

Those are some nice fish!!! My best this summer, a 17lb Laker, it honestly fought like he was 30lbs... I'll get him next time LOL

Nice Trout! I am curious to what the length and girth was. Did you measure it?

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

CP150

i got my personal best smallie which was 5.2lbs and my personal best northern at 15lbs

Cody P.

Lyle Reiner

personal best tournament finish. lol. check mark in the win coloum!!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest Swan_Dive

Swanny you gotta get out fly fishing more with us next year!

I would love too...hoping to get some extended time off during the spring for the steelhead we will plan something and get out

wampa

Two PB's for me from the same trip this summer.

~34 lb (43.3" length x 25.6" girth) laker from Lake Nipigon

10379419444_6e6dc4ae02.jpg

~7 lb (23.5" length x 15.5" girth) speck from Lake Nipigon

10379433735_ab8b22ae41.jpg

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Heisenberg

First time on the fly this season: steelhead, pickerel, browns and cutthroat.

Personal best: 30" brown on a 4 weight (switched rods right after I landed that one!)

H.

Castnblast

Two PB's for me from the same trip this summer.

~34 lb (43.3" length x 25.6" girth) laker from Lake Nipigon

10379419444_6e6dc4ae02.jpg

~7 lb (23.5" length x 15.5" girth) speck from Lake Nipigon

10379433735_ab8b22ae41.jpg

congrats, nice fish!

spindilla1

Just tuned in.....

20+ pound pike from mountiandale launch, not a personal best but the most memorable from the season that's for sure......wasn't expecting to catch anything....

9+ possibly 10 lb brookie from nip river on the CP......ill get a picture of that beast up soon

gsambray

No personal best but never went home without catching fish. Most of the credit has to go to everyone on the forum since the help you get on here has made me into a better fisherman. Thanks to everyone! Most memerable day was a little family tournament were I weighed in 4 smallies at a total weight of 19.5lbs.u

Monks

My PB happened on Marmion this year a day before the bass tourney. Beautiful sunny day headed to check on a school of bass then wham, I hammered one! The thing hit so hard, I was knocked over and was semi-unconscious for a moment. Not many people can say they have tied up a 225 etec

Well... I can joke about it now since, the shock has worn off, the boat only needs a new transom, and insurance came good for a new motor and everything else thankfully.

Remember, put on that PFD and tether switch so the big one does not get away. Cheers Monks boat2_zpsf699db8f.gifboat_zps7d2243c9.gif

gsambray

Ouch glad it all worked out for you

PRO V

Those are some great fish Wampa.

Monk it's nice to see the insurance company is coming clean...............who will do the work on the transom.?

Mike

Some Old Guy

I still cringe looking at that damage on the boat.

Glad you made it through that Monks!

How is your dog?

you nail it when you say wear your PFD on tethered kill switch!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!