• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PRO V

Boots & Gloves

PRO V

As the temps are dropping, it can get a little chilly siting in your stand, I will usually sit in my stand 8-9 hours a day keeping your hands and toes warm sometimes can be a chore, what do you guys use for boots and gloves.

Mike

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

hand warmers and regular gloves and double E boots .wide boots give room to scratch toes back and forth for warmth. i got Irish setter snow trackers, and a thin pair of merino wool socks. room to move toes makes all the difference. hand warmers in pockets and you are all good

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

AB

Better living through Chemistry!

Gear Up for Outdoors used to carry a set of light weight liners and a blended wool over sock set. They were a little spendy, but worked so well I bought another pair.

Stick a pair of the foot warmers under my toes, in breathable boots and I'm pretty comfy sitting on stand.

As for the hands, a couple of hand warmers tucked inside a hand warmer muff is all that I need when sitting with a bow. I might wear a pair of thin camo skinz gloves when working the calls. But, I like a bare hand on the bow and release because that's how I practice.

I really noticed a difference in foot warmth when I went to a pair of breathable boots instead of the old rubber Baffins that trap the moisture inside.

Of course I still need to pay attention to the main combustion engine and keep it fueled up with energy snacks and lubed with something warm from a thermos. Even hot water is better then nothing when you start to get a chill.

iceman

TroutHunter

As RP said, a set of extra wide boots allow for toe movement and thick wool socks (Smart Wool merino wool socks are excellent), I usually wear these on my feet in a pair of 600gr thinsulate Irish Setters. For my hands, a thin pair of gloves work with a muff. I cut a small slit in the knuckle so i can expose my index finger for the trigger on my gun, or trigger on my bow release, i can still feel the trigger well while keeping the rest of my hand warm…

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

milspec

Agree with everyone, boots with enough room to wiggle toes, sometimes but rarely I'll toss some hand warmers into the boots, they do the job. For extreme cold you want mitts to keep the warmth between your fingers, and handwarmers never hurt, they'll last a long time.

brookiebuster

For this time of year until the end of the season I use insulated rubber boots with wool socks. I've never had cold feet even in extreme cold hunts. When its really cold out I wear a thin pair of gloves under my warm hunting gloves. When I go for a shot I take the thick glove off my trigger hand but my hand still stays warm with the thinner glove and I am then able to shoot. I always keep hand warmers in my vest pocket as well. I also always have a lighter in case I need to start a fire. A thermos of hot coffee is also a great thing to have.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Beamer

Bass pro ultimate hunting socks, guaranteed for life, best socks ever paired up in muck boots my feet never get cold and I spend a lot of time in stands. As for gloves Arctic Shield make a two part glove mitt system that is second to none the inner pair are great for bow hunting and when it get cold the outer mitt is very warm and folds back to allow access to your fingers.

PRO V

I have a pair of Muck Arctic sport i use for spring ice fishing, figure i would give them a go in the stand, had wool socks and hand warmers in each boot, and the toes still got cold. i'll look into these socks Beamer, i really like the Muck boots you barely know you have them on.

Mike

Guest Beamer

I have a pair of Muck Arctic sport i use for spring ice fishing, figure i would give them a go in the stand, had wool socks and hand warmers in each boot, and the toes still got cold. i'll look into these socks Beamer, i really like the Muck boots you barely know you have them on.

Mike

The socks are excellent, and yes they honor the guarantee, get a hole in them return them and they replace them they are very warm and tough as hell. The Arctic shield glove system is also must have for me, I hunt right to the end and they keep me warm especially for drawing a bow.

Mr. Canoehead

Seems like when I get cold hands I can't warm them up unless I get walking. So I don't mess around with gloves. I wear my Baffin Arctic expedition style mitts and just slip em off if I need to take a shot. I wear gloves on the way in though because I don't want to sweat in my mittens. Insulated rubber boots are usually good but when the deep freeze hits I switch to my icefishing boots since the puddles are all frozen.

MDR

I've made do with my workboots, a good set of gloves and layers. To be honest a warmer boot is on the Christmas list this year.

SherpaJ

I too hunt all day right through to the end of the season, except I have very poor circulation in my hands and feet, so I have been through many pairs of boots before finding a pair that work, my Baffin Polar Proven boots. They're basically moon boots they're so bulky, but the warmest boots ever. I use a pair of Ganka Polar Expedition leather snowmobile mitts, they have a weird way of warming your hands up even if you put them in freezing cold, almost like they are heated. When I shot my buck on Nov 25th of last year, the high was -23˚C, and I couldn't move all-day because he was bedded down just inside the bush infront of me out of range, but my hands and feet stayed warm!

Monks

Heater Body Suit. Best thing I ever purchased for all day sits.