• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
moose_hunters

To Much snow to get in the backroads?

moose_hunters

I'm finally able to free up one last day for moose hunting this sunday. I'm planning on moose hunting near atikokan, and was just wondering if any one has been back there recently without issues. I have a my very first bull tag and I'm hoping I don't have to hang it on the christmas tree. If anyone has an idea about the dirt road conditions I would be very thankful.

moose_hunters

Also, anyone seeing any movement lately either on the highway or in the woods? I've noticed wolves like crazy this year, but haven't seen all that much moving in terms of moose.

brookiebuster

Too much on the backroads around boreal. I'm surprised the truck made it as far as it did. As for movement lots of deer and some moose in the area I was hunting.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Jayfishin

My dad and his friends harvested a young bull last weekend by Geraldton. They were hunting on sleds and it was cold. But lots of tracks and movement he said.

I am hoping this weekend is the same....have a bull tag to use. ;)

Jay

Foozer

Was up the Garden Lake road last weekend.

Someone drove the back roads a bit, but the snow is high.

We were stuck on only the plowed roads with active logging activity. Same went for Camp 45 rd.

Lots of snow out there. If our luck doesn't change, it'll be another tag hanging off the lawn ornaments, instead of a hind quarter

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

randomheroj

I stumbled upon 4 bulls and 5 cows hearding up somewhere in between boreal and burchell lake road I watched them for a bit and then they all vanished like ninjas.. nahhh they just walked away nice to see though

gsambray

They are hauling out of the area. I believe it is

moose_hunters

Went for a little ride today to no avail, saw one set of fresh tracks but that was it and I covered a lot of road. Better luck next year I guess

Jayfishin

Same here, were close up on four moose yesterday but couldn't convince them to move out in the open. Today we cut some of tracks down in a big valley but moose were staying in the cover due to the cold weather/ wind today it seemed. Smart animals cause it was some cold sleddin! Time to switch over to ice fishin mode now.

Fishbum

Last day of the season and I walked up on a bull, cow and calf bedded down. Calf took of like a bat outta hell.. no chance for a shot, the bull dissapeared then re-appeard on about 200 yrds away on the next hill side... had my eye through the scope, safety off, and finger on the triggger three times as he followede the cow. What a different a half second would have made tho.... SOB!! everytime i was ready to pull, he'd step behind the brush, leavin nothing but just his rear end out in the open... swear the @!$%&@ knew i was watching him!!!! I didn;t feel comfortable shooting through brush at 200 yrds at nothing but a siloute ( prolly pure luck if my bullet didn't hit a bracnch) So after three times of this happening they turned and walked away... yet again behind the cover of friken clump of spruce. Follwed em around for about 4 hrs with 6 guys in the bush.... yet the SOB's were smarter then us and managed to only be seen one more time for a half second before the dropped over the hillside and into the thick and nasty!!

What a way to end off the season....half second between burning a tag or throwing some lead!!! Oh what i'd give for one more day back there to hunt...guess i'll just have to dream till next yr.