• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Silver Harbour ice

Tyler

Ice is here. Nice flat freeze up. Five inches off my dock where its about two feet deep. Out further there's about three inches. Giver a couple of days yet, provided there's is lots of cold and little wind. Herring will be good in tight about four feet below the ice. Big flash presentation with a small maggot or bead three inches below the hook. Once you draw them in with flash, finesse them out on the ice with a little wrist action. Try out in front of the Edwards place for best results.

Guest Fridgeeredboat

I was out on the ice today I say it was 4 inches in close, some good pressures cracks already

Tyler

Theses ice measurements ae in between mainland and MARY'S ISLAND. Be careful off the point. Didnt wander out there yet. Wanna live till Christmas.

Thefishleclair

When i flew in on tuesday i saw only ice fromshore to island. Rest was open and bays end was froze. No fish is worth the risk.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Guest Crooksyredboat

I pulled the one manner out to no mans land, lost the dog, my new flasher and the girlfriend through the ice, good thing I can get another flasher at dnr.

Tyler

Good to hear BIGPOACHIN, sounds like you, Bobby, Peter, Mary-Louise, Rick, Thereasa, Cal, Carol and Ryan had a ball! A greaseball that is.

whoreleur

Don't forget Donna, I heard she was down there sniffing around. Looking for something to put the grab on.

Guest Contra Ban

What should I expect to catch at Silver Harbour. Hoping to get out this weekend sometime. Thanks!

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Anything, mostly herring and whities, lakers. Also may be some steelhead, coasters or pike kicking around.

pbear

Might walk out tomorrow. How far out can you safely walk? The one fella said he caught lakers just off the docks. So he is just fishing inside the harbour but towards the point.

Tyler

That guy is full of Don't you hate it when people don't clean up after their dogs and you step in it?. Thats the truth.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I HIGHLY doubt he was serious about getting lakers by the docks. I usually have to walk out to Mary island and beyond to get lakers. It stays around 50-60 FOW for a long time, you need to go well beyond Mary to get to 80-100 which seems so be where they tend to be. Off the point of Mary can be a good spot for whities, herring, and the trouts, rainbow and coasters( closed).

Weekend coaster

Does anybody know how much ice is at silver harbour, birch beach, bays end etc

pbear

I figured as much bit am not going to walk out until I see that lots of othe people have. It's hard enough to pull yourself out of the water never mind kids.

Tyler

I hate when people wait to ask how deep and what lure.

Go jig for yourself.

If you fall in, wait another day or so. CRACK!

Fish on!

Guest BIGPOACHIN

Ice is too thin. went to Mary island and must have found a bad spot. I would wait for another week to try. Might be okay off the harbour. Not only did I catch lakers that day but also a brown trout.

kbrest

Am I mistaken, or are Lake trout not closed until Feb 1st?