• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tyler

Silver Harbour ice

Some Old Guy

I may be wrong not sure but zone 9 regs are different than zone 6.

If I remember correctly zone 9 laker season is Jan 1st to Sept 30.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

kbrest

Thats right sorry, lake trout zone 6th is Feb 1st, but Zone 9 for superior is Jan 1st....So, still closed for the boys catching their limits as previously posted. So, I am assuming if they are worried about their limits, they are not native canadian, and having caught their "limits" prior to January 1st, have just poached their limits and posted accordingly. Hmmm

whoreleur

I saw that Buffalo walking around Silver Harbour. Must have been 2, I got one this hunting season.

• Like 1

scandiman

Yup Lakers are closed until Feb 1st, unless fishing east of Kama (zone 9) where it is now fair game for lakers

kbrest

I'm looking at the regs, Im pretty sure Zone 9 includes all of the north shore of superior which, includes silver harbour, thunder bay area right to the border and international zones of superior. Lakers open January 1st. If I am wrong or the MNR site is not updated for some reason please correct me...as I plan on hitting the ice nearby for lakers lol.

The zone 9 border does not stop at kama it encircles the superior northshore, including Thunder Bay, Black bay, Nipigon bay, kama Bay etc right to Sault Ste Marie. And shows Lakers opening January 1st

Zone 9.pdf

McGinnis_Fishing

Looks correct to me!

Weekend coaster

Any updates to the ice conditions on lake superior

scandiman

I'm looking at the regs, Im pretty sure Zone 9 includes all of the north shore of superior which, includes silver harbour, thunder bay area right to the border and international zones of superior. Lakers open January 1st. If I am wrong or the MNR site is not updated for some reason please correct me...as I plan on hitting the ice nearby for lakers lol.

The zone 9 border does not stop at kama it encircles the superior northshore, including Thunder Bay, Black bay, Nipigon bay, kama Bay etc right to Sault Ste Marie. And shows Lakers opening January 1st

My bad, you're right kbrest. All the better too since I've been itching to go for some lakers out at kama

kbrest

Haha No problem. Sorry if that came off as rude, just making sure before I hit the ice as well!

scandiman

Haha No problem. Sorry if that came off as rude, just making sure before I hit the ice as well!

No worries at all, I didn't take it as coming off rude. I'd rather be told different, than go through life thinking the wrong thing lol!

Mr. Canoehead

I stopped for a quick scout/fish at Silver Harbor on New Years day. I didn't go far from shore but there was lots of ice. I didn't measure so i won't post my guestimate...but there was enough that I didn't bother to measure. No fish but I wasn't even there an hour. I will hopefully get out this weekend and check the ice thickness further out.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I can also give conditions when I return, heading out for steel this weekend.

kbrest

I can also give conditions when I return, heading out for steel this weekend.

I hate the fact that while Im working, I will be thinking the entire time you will have a steelhead on the end of your line.....lol

Text me with your results man!

Ice varies from 8-14, huge differences. Found one spot with 6 further out, evidence of the odd blow hole and some sheets of ice have smashed over top of others. Safe though, nothing less than 6. Lots of fish marked, lost one at hole. They weren't biting very well. Most marked on or near bottom in 16-20 FOW. Live bait was not the ticket, artificials got the most attention.

jason

Ya we were marking lots right on bottom in 67ft of water but nothing would bite lol.

Guest Crooksyredboat

Fishing in 22ft today no bites ice varied 8 to 12 inches in the spots I drilled.

jrock

10 " where I was fishing. 1 herring is all I got. But I did see a first today. Helped the guy beside me land a 20lb norther! Never in 30 years have I seen a pike come out of this area. And yes he let the big girl go.

• Like 1

That's pretty neat. There was a big one landed there in the fall as well. I've got a smallie there also.