• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

How did you come up with your display name?

Some Old Guy

I have always wondered if you didn't use your real name, how did you come up with the name you use here?

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Buck 120

Buck 120 is the name and make of one of my favourite hunting knives. Mine is it is a 12" knife with an overall 7 3/8 blade and a cocobolo handle.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

SherpaJ

"Sherpa

noun ( pl. same or -pas )

a member of a Himalayan people living on the borders of Nepal and Tibet, renowned for their skill in mountaineering.

a term often used by foreigners to refer to almost any guide or porter hired for mountaineering expeditions in the Himalayas, regardless of their ethnicity. Because of this usage, the term has become a slang by word for a guide or mentor in other situations. Sherpas are renowned in the international climbing and mountaineering community for their hardiness, expertise, and experience at very high altitudes."

Growing up going to "moose camp" every year, my nickname was always "the sherpa". Since I was too young to hunt for moose, I kept myself busy by shooting chickens and helping out around camp; cooking, cleaning, gutting, collecting firewood, climbing trees to hang the block and tackle, and particularly hauling guys gear. It's how I earned my stripes and the nickname.

"J", my first and second initial.

• Like 1

Monks

Roger, yours should change to Cory with an "i" !!!

• Like 1

kbrest

Old highschool nickname that kinda stuck around lol. Have used it for a lot of usernames in the past.

Fishbum

It's what i'm thinking about... with the exception moose hunting haha

Lyle Reiner

on a warm day in June 1985 I was given my user name...

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

WalleyeWayne

We have a cottage on Rainy Lake and I've fished it for the last 30 yrs. Being so close to the border pickeral are more commonly referred to as walleye. Because it was primarily the species I targeted, they gave me my moniker.

uncle

I married a woman whose brothers had kids. :)

brookiebuster

I chose brookiebuster because brook trout are my all time favourite species!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

AB

When I was 3 weeks old, my grandmother was holding me, letting me play in the open water at the edge of West Hawk Lake. I wriggled out of her grip and plunged in face first, came to the surface, rolled over onto my back and let out a little laugh.

My birthday is March 31st. I came up thru the candle ice......hence the name.

iceman

Guest Crooksyredboat

I was dancing in the garage one night sipping on some rouge, listening to rod Stewart, with my dog"shinanigans " when I watched my neighbour heading out salmon fishing once again on the big lake with his red boat. I watched him many times leave the bay and return with nothing but stories about " how nice the greaseball he caught was". Not a salmon was landed in that shiny red boat, not even a pink. This man swallowed his pride easily, when the reward was an hour and a half away from the constant nagging of the old ball and chain. In pure mockery of this man and his relentless pursuit of destroying his neighbours lives, I am "Crooksyredboat".

Gone8to1248

Whatever happened to fishing related posts only

When it comes to this time of the year and cabin fever starts to set in things kind of fly out the window and we tend to look the other way? Anyway this type of thread is a less strain on our minds than picturing seeing TBF members in speedo's on a calender. A lot less nightmares anyway!!!

Gone8to1248

The name Gone8to12 was given to me many years ago by a group of people in a chat room I use to go to and chat at night when I got home from work. They gave me that because I worked from 8am to 12 midnight 7 days a week and when someone would ask where I was everyone wold just say he's Gone. Before that my screen name was Works2Much. The 48 got added after I reloaded my computer once and got told that gone8to12 was already taken, so I just added 48 the year I was born and came up with gone8to1248. I have also been know to go by other names on here at times as well!

Foozer

Played a whole lot of foosball in my twenties.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

eyelander

eyeloser just isn't correct. Well, most of the time anyways.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

flybum

I was and still am a fishbum, but now I am primarily fly fishing.. Flybum...

Monks

It was a nick name given to me in Junior Hockey amongst a long list of others. Others were Snake, Marmaduke, Quagmire, Monkers... to name a few. Glad Monks stuck.

Trevor Zimak

I would be interested to know the Quagmire story :lol:

Squaretail

I love fishing all species but grew up fishing nipigon square tails. Also all the other brook trout names were taken.