• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Reiner

2014 Ice Out Contest

Lyle Reiner

Last year we gave away well over 1k worth of tackle, cash, gift cards and the like! This year, lets see if we can beat it!

This is the format!

Everyone knows someone whos had a baby, everyones seen the 50/50 draws where people bet $3 or $5 (or whatever) to guess when the baby will be born, usually you pay for 1/2 a day and the winner gets 1/2 the proceeds and the mother gets the other half.

Kind of the same deal, however, you pick for a full day, and instead of putting up cash you put up a lure.

Here are the rules (yes i have rules)

1) You are entitled to a maximum of three days per person.

2) You can pick all your days in one shot or spread them throughout the duration of the contest

3) ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECIVED (LURES AND SELECTIONS) BY APRIL 14, 2104. IF ENTRIES ARE NOT RECIEVED BY THEN, YOUR SELECTION WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONTEST

4) I understand that a Jig is a lure, a senko is a lure... but make it interesting! Maybe a Pack of senkos, or a Pack of jigs!

5) ICE OUT is defined by myself! I have chosen Shebandowan (MNR LAUNCH) as my deciding point to determine when Ice out has been achieved.

6) This contest is for fun! Dont take it too serious!

7) I will be recording all dates for ice out selections, and I will keep record of your picks

8) If there is a tie ( ice out is between two selections ) the person who submitted their pick first will be the winner

9) The person closest to Ice out (If it is before or after the first/last selection) will be declared the winner

10) You can deliver lures to myself, or Ryan Piaskowski, as long as you make contact with us prior. I may open up other options for delivery/pickup as they become available (last year DNR was on board as a pick up/drop off)

HAVE FUN!!

I hope to do this on a yearly basis!

Please format your entries as follows

Name -

Username -

Date Selected -

Lure being entered -

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

mad scientist

Am I allowed to choose "The ice won't go out"?

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

James01

Last year we gave away well over 1k worth of tackle, cash, gift cards and the like! This year, lets see if we can beat it!

This is the format!

Everyone knows someone whos had a baby, everyones seen the 50/50 draws where people bet $3 or $5 (or whatever) to guess when the baby will be born, usually you pay for 1/2 a day and the winner gets 1/2 the proceeds and the mother gets the other half.

Kind of the same deal, however, you pick for a full day, and instead of putting up cash you put up a lure.

Here are the rules (yes i have rules)

1) You are entitled to a maximum of three days per person.

2) You can pick all your days in one shot or spread them throughout the duration of the contest

3) ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECIVED (LURES AND SELECTIONS) BY APRIL 30, 2104. IF ENTRIES ARE NOT RECIEVED BY THEN, YOUR SELECTION WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CONTEST

4) I understand that a Jig is a lure, a senko is a lure... but make it interesting! Maybe a Pack of senkos, or a Pack of jigs!

5) ICE OUT is defined by myself! I have chosen Shebandowan (MNR LAUNCH) as my deciding point to determine when Ice out has been achieved.

6) This contest is for fun! Dont take it too serious!

7) I will be recording all dates for ice out selections, and I will keep record of your picks

8) If there is a tie ( ice out is between two selections ) the person who submitted their pick first will be the winner

9) The person closest to Ice out (If it is before or after the first/last selection) will be declared the winner

10) You can deliver lures to myself, or Ryan Piaskowski, as long as you make contact with us prior. I may open up other options for delivery/pickup as they become available (last year DNR was on board as a pick up/drop off)

HAVE FUN!!

I hope to do this on a yearly basis!

Please format your entries as follows

Name -

Username -

Date Selected -

Lure being entered -

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

Lyle Reiner

May 16 won it last year. Good picks

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest joshschill

Josh Schill

joshschill

May 7th, May 12th, May 14th

Pack of Jigs, Some kind of Spoon, Bucktail Jig(Or similar)

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

ryan piaskowski
same

april 30
may 24th
may 30th

pack of swimabait jigs, swimbaits, large bag of tubes.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

WalleyeWayne

Wayne Smith

WalleyeWayne

May 15

May 17

May 19

Spoon, plastics, jigs

Eyeguy

Grant Eklund

Eye Guy

Rapala of some sort, Little Cleo, pair of pliers

May 3, May 6, May 13

• Like 1

AmateurHourAngling

BigFishBoy

Jaden Bujold

May 8th May 18th and May 26th

25 $ Bass Pro Card, Rapala And a top water

-JADEN

RH.

Reilly harris

Reilly harris

May 20, may 4 and may 22

Mini tackle tray, a pile of jigs, minnow scooper

James01

Lyle

What is the best way to get you my entry fees (the lures)?

PM me if necessary....

Cheers, J.

p.s. Any luck on getting a box at DnR for entries? It worked well last year, and I am guessing they sold a few more lures because of it. I bought my entries directly from DnR last year, and just handed them over to the box.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

RH.

Lyle

What is the best way to get you my entry fees (the lures)?

PM me if necessary....

Cheers, J.

p.s. Any luck on getting a box at DnR for entries? It worked well last year, and I am guessing they sold a few more lures because of it. I bought my entries directly from DnR last year, and just handed them over to the box.

I am wondering the same thing.

shmanks

there were so many entries last year whats going on this year :(

Domer

Domenic vita

Domer

May 21,23,25

Package of bass trigger baits by trigger x

James01

there were so many entries last year whats going on this year :(

I am pulling out of the contest...

People are waiting to hear on how best to turn in their entries, and there is nothing coming from the people doing the organizing. I appreciate that they took it upon themselves to organize the contest, but it was soooo much better run last year.

- Henry David Thoreau

fisherdude

Well now that it's made known that there's a drop off box at dnr, I'm in once I figure out what days r already pickedz Lots of us are busy and it's a lot easier to jus be able to drop it off. Although, I don't agree with you pulling out cuz it's "not as well run as last year". they're just putting this on to get more stuff to read and have fun with n maybe win a prize. If I do remember correctly though, wasn't there a chart type deal that showed the dates that were already chosen last year? Some people might not want to spend the time to look through and see what days r picked already.

fisherdude

Also, today's the 13th and the entries have to be in by the 14th.... The odds r looking good, what's a pack of jigs or something? Pick a day and it might be well worth it. Don't we all lose close to a

Pack of jigs/a lure/rap or whatever each trip anyway.

Lyle Reiner

There wasn't a chart last year. I have the same thing as last year on my phone. For some reason there isn't nearly enough interest this year.

I'll change the date of must recieve to the 30th. The following days are open

May 1/2/5/10/16/20/22/26-29

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Iron Ranger

The only ice that I can see from here is in my three fingers of Makers Mark. My wife is enjoying a nice Margarita.

Fishing was good today, considering it was a weekend.

How are you doing? Oh wait I have to check my Lowrance.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Lyle Reiner

Only got lures from the following

Domer

Eyeguy

Ryan p

Walleye Wayne

Reilly Harris.

The lake is officially iced out.

Walleye Wayne is our winner as he picked the 15!

Thanks to all!!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada