• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Fisherman's Park 2014

Bobber Down

Here you can post your updates, comments, pics, questions, success or failures.

Today the water is clear. Lots of ice build up along the edges. 8 to 10 feet high in places. Heard the occasional boom as ice chunks broke off. There is open water about 100 yards out from the docks. Not very fishable yet from any location.

post-1835-0-50714500-1398273953_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-12613500-1398273995_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-27575900-1398274055_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-18381500-1398274115_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-62317800-1398274164_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-93141200-1398274210_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Zackcorbin1401

when i was there last week there was no water flowing at all and the ice was 8 ft tall on the rocks.

Bobber Down

Ice is slowly leaving. Fishable now off the concrete wall by the viewing area and off the dock closest to the park itself. Water has risen about 2 inches since yesterday. The open water on the lake has been kept open by the tug boats helping the grain ships moving in and out of the elevator. Talked to a couple of guys fishing for trout and smelts late last night. No hits and nothing in the nets.

post-1835-0-20827800-1398369648_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-88890100-1398369686_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

shmanks

im hoping for more rain then snow would help get rid of this damn ice on the rivers

gsambray

Gonna check it out soon. Hoping to toss in a line. Will post conditions

gsambray

Lots of ice. Looks like its open at the docks but its just water on top of ice. Its gonna be a bit yet

Bobber Down

Fishable now along the entire east side and from every dock. Launch is free and clear of ice. Boat fishing is available from launch out 150 yards or so and into the river itself. Water is about a foot above summer levels and running fairly clean.

Guest Hauntedyards

I took a wander down the street tonight to check it out... starting to open up alright... lots of ice though!

I'll be tempted to drop the kayak in next weekend and try it out... Are there dates when you can start to enter the water? or anytime?

post-9091-0-79678000-1398726505_thumb.jp

post-9091-0-52435800-1398726507_thumb.jp

post-9091-0-85931700-1398726508_thumb.jp

Lyle Reiner

I know with a boat that's powered you need to have harbour master permission?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest Hauntedyards

Yeah I have no idea if there even is a date to enter open water with a non-powered boat. Maybe I'll call and ask... lol

Guest DartonRage2

Hauntedyards be careful I was there fishing in my kayak last spring...eyes on the back of your head keep watching for massive chunks of ice flowing downstream...I almost peed.

Bobber Down

Hauntedyards be careful I was there fishing in my kayak last spring...eyes on the back of your head keep watching for massive chunks of ice flowing downstream...I almost peed.

Water is flowing fast now. Here is what DartonRage2 warned about. An ice torpedo!!!!

post-1835-0-74071700-1398883321_thumb.jp

Guest Hauntedyards

I'll probably drop in there Sunday and paddle out the the ice edge. Drop a couple lines in a few places and see what happens.

Bobber Down

A few guys trying for Steelhead today. Water is very fast and high. So high that it's flowing over the concrete wall in front of the viewing platform.

Zackcorbin1401

Current river

Zackcorbin1401

Is flowing really fast

Bobber Down

Water is higher than a couple of days ago. Was up 527 yesterday and all rivers where extremely high. Expect high water conditions for at least another week or two.

Guest Wetlinetightline

Still flowing fast. Was there today few anglers out didn't see anything. Few more weeks I'd say until good conditions. Wetlines tight lines!

Weekend coaster

Still flowing fast. Was there today few anglers out didn't see anything. Few more weeks I'd say until good conditions. Wetlines tight lines!

You might have saw me and my father fishing off the docks no fish but I did see a large group of cormorants diving in a specific spot next to the grain elevators smelt? Fish?

Guest Wetlinetightline

Could be. Could be steelies. Gathering before attempting the fast river. I found te dock side is flowing a little to fast for my liking.

Bobber Down

It was a long winter..................

post-1835-0-74375100-1399753026_thumb.jp

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Looks good though. Won't be long before she starts giving up some fish.

fisherdude

Ya I was just down there checking it out and having a picnic with my little dude, and the waters crazy. It was going over top of the wall infront of the viewing platform. We were up at centennial to and It was crazy up there to. The rehab the NSSA did looks awesome and has a good amount of water in it to. Be careful fishin around the rivers.