• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Fisherman's Park 2014

Bobber Down

With the warm temps we are now enjoying the melt from upstream has created class 4 rapids downstream but at least a couple have found a way to fish.

post-1835-0-55637300-1399769897_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-11059200-1399769937_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-76488400-1399769977_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

fisherdude

Hahah me and a buddy were gunna take his 12footer out a little ways farther and give it a shot. Still might.

Guest Hauntedyards

I'll probably be putting in there tomorrow afternoon to look around a bit... Finally found some time.

Bobber Down

Nice morning! Couple people fishing but nothing caught. Some sort of activity to watch between casts.

post-1835-0-02409500-1399819712_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Bobber Down

Waters down quite a bit now. Saw several people fishing off the docks in the last couple of days. No action though. Tried the other side channel by the elevator and hooked into something that raced downstream. Lost it after it peeled off 50 yards of line and spit the hook when I tried to reposition and get out of the bushes but caught a nice walter on a worm a bit later which is on the dinner menu tonight.

post-1835-0-18353200-1400432221_thumb.jp

shmanks

you have never heard anyone call a walleye a walter before?

Bobber Down

Clean up day, as best as I could do, at the park and around the dock areas. No surprises here.

post-1835-0-02731600-1401125261_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Guest Hauntedyards

Yesterday I saw a couple guys catch a pike in the river... nothing else. I lost a couple lures.... a backstabber to a rock and Rapala to a pike. If you catch a Pike with a Rapala in it's mouth... say hi for me! I didn't mark anything besides TONS of balls of bait fish at 20 - 30 feet around the area by the elevator inside the break-wall. Was a nice calm day though and I got to test some rod holders out.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IU2xbO8Fm4

Snowball

Hauntedyards:

Thanks for posting the video. I enjoyed my first ride in a kayak.

Good luck fishing!

Regards,

Snowball

brookiebuster

Great video!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Jayfishin

Nice set-up! Like that rod system with sonar mid mount.

Jay

Guest Hauntedyards

Yeah I'm pretty happy I don't hit them with the paddles. Sometimes things just work out! Next day with smooth water like this I'm going to venture out past the break wall for a troll.

Castnblast

great rig! Big access to alot of cool places with that.

Bobber Down

Water remains high with all the rain and will most likely stay that way with all the precipitation in the forcast for TBay and areas north. Have seen only 1 pike caught with many many anglers testing the water along the wall and from the docks. The walleye bite will pick up in July when the water warms and drops to normal depths. The area has recently caught the attention of local photographers.

post-1835-0-72181100-1402618189_thumb.jp

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I was there last night and the water was a bit above where I like it. Almost able to get to where I wanted to be, but didn't wanna risk a good dunking. I'm sure it's worse now. As you've mentioned. These water level fluctuations are starting to annoy me.

tronnyd88

went there today to get a couple casts in on my free time. ive only been down there a few times never caught anything but ill keep trying since its close.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I was just down there and got an alright pike on the fly rod. I was on elevator side.